Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hundredth / Spotlights / Tennis System / Gleemer - The 'RARE' USA Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by GEM37, Aug 23, 2017.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

In keeping with their stance to cut all ties with the past, Hundredth will actually be playing their new album in full!

Shame this isn't coming to the PNW, I really enjoyed this album...

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean this isn't any different than what turnover did for the last two years, why should a band play music that does not represent them?

3. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I only kinda liked the new album, but I like when bands do an album in full on the main tour for it. It irks me when bands release albums and 80% of the songs never get played live. A lot of older bands tend to fall victim to this because everybody just wants to hear the hits.

4. cwhit

this band will never play old stuff ever again

5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Silver Snakes have been like that since Saboteur dropped. Nothing from Year of the Snake or Floating World. Maybe it's because they've been doing opening slots on tour.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

What kind of visual experience can you have at Mahall's? Lol

Michael Schmidt and Skoke like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I really enjoy the new album. May go to this.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

"Visual experience" will probably just be some projections behind them haha. But I love the album so I will definitely be there. Tennis System is also great. Will have to check out the other two bands.

Michael G and Kellan like this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I'll be going to the Denver date!

10. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'll try to be there!

11. FantasticCams

Gleemer is such a good group, glad they were able to get on this. Sucks that I won't be able to get out to any of these shows.

12. red8ge

Regular

Went to the brooklyn show. All the bands are really excellent, Gleamer sound awesome live and Tennis System were surprisingly good too (wasn't a fan before that night).

Spotlights are heavy and a cool change up for the show too, and then Hundredth did a great job. Projection show was generally cool, but I think they would've been fine without it. Rare sounded great all the way through, Chad screamed at one moment of Disarray which was unexpected and tight.

Overall it's a really great tour package. The crowd was kind of funny, a group of really drunk younger women colliding with older record collector dudes during hundredth.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  13. red8ge

Regular

maybe half capacity? which was pretty good considering glassjaw was down the street and there were a bunch of other p big shows that night

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Show tomorrow in Michigan is cancelled apparently

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I guess I can say this now. The Lansing date sold about ten tickets in advance.

16. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Holy shit. If they want to stay relevant as a band with their new sound they're going to have to start taking some support slots with more alternative/indie/shoegaze bands soon. If they don't I can definitely see them breaking up.

17. cwhit

what bands could their label get them with though? not like they have any real connections there and they wouldn’t be any draw

18. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

A band like Turnover or Basement would be a start. I admittedly am not too knowledgeable on shoegaze or whatever Hundredth would currently want to call their sound.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I was digging what I heard from Spotlights. If I wind up having nothing to do, I may check this out when it hits my town.

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Tennis System is tight live. Really wanna see this tour but I have an early morning flight the next day so I don’t want to be out late.

21. red8ge

Regular

i mean i imagine this will be their one headliner for a while, they're gonna have to build up good will in the shoegaze world for sure

22. johnnyferris

Seeing this tonight. Excited to see how this sits with their hardcore crowd, if they even come.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  23. johnnyferris

Lineup was so good

All four bands did their thing and the crowd was there for all four of them which was really nice to see.

Hundredth's set really made me appreciate the back half of RARE more. They really brought those songs to life

red8ge and thenewtypetheory like this.
  24. Damn, totally forgot this was here last night. Would've been cool to catch.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wound up checking this tour out last night. It was raining all day, and I guess this tour isn't necessarily drawing well, but there was only about 50 people at the show.

Hundredth impressed me though. I'm usually more into heavier stuff, but I really dug their new stuff and think it's might be their strongest work yet. The visuals weren't anything special... kinda looked like a giant screensaver behind the band, but it kinda helped the whole aesthetic and was cool/different than just seeing the band play on an empty stage in a club.

Spotlights were the band that kinda drew me to the show. I'd previously heard a few tracks from them and liked what I heard so I was curious to catch their set. They were REALLY great. If you like Deftones or Alchemy Index era Thrice, check them out...

Tennis System didn't show up. Something about getting stuck in the last city with van trouble.

I missed Gleemer unfortunately.