Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hundredth - Rare (June 16, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Fingers crossed that third single comes this week

mescalineeyes likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Wish they’d announce the new album already

3. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

mmmmmm

coleslawed and mattav152 like this.
  4. DarkHotline

Pretty solid, I dig. Did they ever announce when an album is coming out?

5. Another real good one. This is the first Hundredth track that I feel like Chadwick is really going for it on the clean vocals, it totally works. I like this more than Cauterize by a pretty wide margin, but Whatever is still tops

6. Also it’s a small thing but I feel like in this kinda “washed out reverb drenched indie rock” kind of music, the drums (snare in particular) always get pushed to the back, but I really love how they’ve been pretty powerful and prominent still in all of these songs

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

One thing I liked about Rare was how they still produced it like a metalcore record. Big ass drums.

trevorshmevor and coleslawed like this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry

hahahaha keep them coming!

mattav152 and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. flask

Trusted Supporter

This has turned into a nice little EP

10. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I hope they play California again soon. The singles are too good to not hear live

11. thenewmatthewperry

hnnnnnng

beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

This album is going to be EVERYTHING

beachdude and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  13. SPine

Trusted

Alright give me an album release date and a tour

beachdude and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  14. azzy01

Regular

Did they confirm if these singles were leading up to a full album?

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

My memory is hazy but i think these are one-offs and they'll be writing an album soon.

16. SPine

Trusted

Yeah it didn't sound like these songs were an album project.. but it definitely feels like they should be.

17. Yeah that’s what I remember too. I feel like a lot of bands that do this kind of thing wind up putting out bloated 15-20 song records that include all of the singles. On one hand I’m hoping they don’t go that route, on another, it would really suck for them to waste all of these great songs on just being standalone singles that aren’t part of a package

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

I dont see how they're wasted being singles and not on an album. If they only have a few songs in the tank then just drop them and worry about an album later. This is why I like that Self Defense Family releases a few EP's every year and an album every few years.

19. Yeah, I mean I’m certainly not upset about getting new stuff from them. Maybe it just comes down to how you consume music. For “album” people like me, random one-off singles don’t get a lot of play long term, especially once there’s a fully fleshed out, purposefully created record on the table to chew on. They just don’t have the same staying power. Additionally, I also think that these singles lack the heavier promotion that would normally be afford by a proper album cycle, which is unfortunate because I think most of us can agree that these are the band’s best songs to date. They’ve got legs.

On a more “entitled fan” note, I’d love to have these tracks on my turntable. If these remain standalone singles, that may not wind up happening

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Looks like its the last single in the series according to the Alt Press article that dropped with the single. No word on an LP yet still so I'm guessing they're working on stuff and it'll come next year. I'd love a spring release in the same style as these singles. I'd jam that shit all summer.

22. Song absolutely bops

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Incredible single, just like all of them

24. thenewmatthewperry

This band came up on my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist and some of the guitar work reminded me of Hundo's

indecipherable likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Is Hundreth gonna put out more new music or tour in the near future?

thenewmatthewperry likes this.