Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How Travis Barker Became Gen-Z’s Pop-Punk Whisperer • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think this is completely different and is like how Matt sings Tom songs now. The replacement usually sings the original songs. I'm talking about when an original singer returns and does not sing the replacement's songs.

2. drun11

Newbie Supporter

This makes me think of Further Seems Forever, which is a whole weird situation in and of itself... but during the Penny Black era did Carrabba ever sing HTSAF or Hide Nothing songs? During reunion shows didn't Jason sing some Hide Nothing songs? Part of me would like to hear Tom's take on Skiba's parts, but I'm also totally here for blink as a 4-piece! Even incorporating all three vocals could be cool!

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

A couple examples I can think of where original singers returned and sang their replacement's songs are Taking Back Sunday and Kansas.

Chiodos is another example where the original singer returned, and they stopped playing material from when he was gone.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I would push for a 4 piece and then have them just do punk versions of beatles covers but rework some lyrics to "When I'm 69" or something.

5. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

You're smoking the good stuff to come up with an idea like this.

6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Wish i was. Straight sober dawg.

CMilliken and Dying_ambiance like this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

...What would then? Do you think they'd continue as a four-piece?

8. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter