Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How To Train Your Dragon : The Hidden World (Dean Dublois, Februay 22, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 7, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

cast :Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, Kit Harrington, Craig Ferguson, F. Murray Abraham.

2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Looks very different. The first is one of my favorite animated movies ever. I watch it every time it's on.

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh I am HERE for this

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m ready to cry for a solid hour and a half.

stayillogical likes this.
  7. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I'm going to go see this tomorrow, cannot wait. UK seems to have got it a bit earlier than the US.

[​IMG]

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was great, but the ending is damn near flawless!

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i don't think im ready for this emotional rollercoaster

10. Serh Feb 19, 2019
    (Last edited: May 19, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't know if emotional rollercoaster applies here THAT much, at least compared to the other two, but it's rarely any less than affecting. I only wish the villain was more remarkable than he was, and some of the secondary characters weren't more irritating than usual. Other than that, it's the animated movie to beat

11. stayillogical

Should I watch this in 3D? I remember the flying sequences in the first one being amazing to watch in 3D, but I don't remember how I watched the second.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna say... I guess. A lot of the visuals are incredible (namely when they show said hidden world), so I'd like to think 3D would enhance that. Definitely wish my screening did 3D for this

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The 3D is pretty solid.

This was decent. Really felt like they just wanted to get this done to close the book on the series. But they did about as well as they could. It was still pretty heartfelt, but didn’t resonate like the other two.

Also, I kept on wondering if they brought back TJ Miller as Tuffnut. They apparently did not, but at times, the new guy sounded exactly like him.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah they replaced TJ so discretely I was mad that he was still in it but I'm glad they did the right thing
    the scenes with Light Fury and Toothless reminded me of Wall-E the way they showed the romance without dialogue, although it's a bit weird how explicitly horny they made Toothless

dadbolt, SpyKi and Zilla like this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is so wonderful I FELT THINGS

17. stayillogical

I didn't really feel it, wish I had. It was nice, the villain was kind of boring. I think it didn't feel like there were real stakes, more like an episode of a show than a movie.

Dodger likes this.
  18. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I hate it so much that I agree with this. I still loved it. I still cried like a baby at the end. But I feel like my love is solely based in my love for the characters and their continued dynamic rather than the story.

The animation was breath-taking. Some of the best Ive ever seen.

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

This looked so incredible it’s unreal

Dodger likes this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Goddamn the ending of this was perfect. I was sobbing like a baby at the end and my girlfriend was like “are you okay?”

:crylaugh:

Garrett and Dodger like this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I was finally able to see this. Loved it even though I agree the story wasn't the greatest.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hulu 8/28

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

leaving hulu next week

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Loved this, although it felt a little rushed. Toothless is adorable as always. A little bummed at the sense of finality to it, I'm down for more of these haha.

It's on Netflix in France btw

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.