Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How To Talk To Girls At Parties (John Cameron Mitchell, May 25, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 18, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 18, 2017
    (Last edited: May 18, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no release date yet but A24 will be releasing it

marceting likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Loved this book. Not sure how it will work as a film.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I gotta watch Hedwig again soon, never saw Shortbus, worth it?

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Really enjoyed this, some of the cinematography was a little too "shitty to establish the setting" but that's my only real complaint!

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

A24 really fucked up the marketing and distribution on this one, and it was so blatant that they were excited by the prestige of John Cameron Mitchell and Neil Gaiman and then when the reviews were mixed they were all I don't know her and that's lame
    or to put it another way
    [​IMG]

Nicole Kidman was clearly having a blast in this and she was a lot of fun
    Elle Fanning was a good fit for Zan and she's always delightful and this was no different
    It was cool seeing what John Cameron Mitchell saw in the punk scene in terms of gender and sexuality and saying fuck you to conformity
    Eat Me Alive is such a banger and I love that it was co-written by Jamie from Xiu Xiu

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Didn't think this movie would stick with me too much but I keep thinking about its portrayal of the punk scene and it's acceptance of Zan.

Gonna have to go see it again this week I think

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know this post is super old but Shortbus is one of my favorite movies. The sex is graphic of course so some people have a hard time with it, but it’s so funny and heartfelt and has a ton of really beautiful scenes. Definitely my favorite from JCM.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen