Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How To Dress Well - Care (TBA) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sophos34, Jul 24, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Why backwards? I think hearing his progression is really interesting. WITH is clearly the most accessible but I think it's also key to see how he got there.

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Idk its what i did and it got me hooked

You can do other way around but Love Remains is just reallllllly different from the rest of the stuff - like The Weeknd combined with Youth Lagoon / Bon Iver or something

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Love Remains is perfect and everyone should hear that

stillbrazy and OotyPa like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

All three albums were fantastic... I definitely agree that Love Remains is distinctly different from the other two albums though. A lot more lo-fi and even more atmospheric than the rest.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I just wanna post this here bc it is amazing and I feel not enough people have heard it

OotyPa likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

agree

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Finally picked up WITH on vinyl yesterday. Just gotta get myself a copy of Total Loss now.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

ive got total loss on vinyl, need the others

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Do you have the pink one with the 7"? That's what I wanna get, but I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and buy it online since none of my local shops have it.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

nah just standard black, whats on the 7" ?

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Set It Right (Acapella Version)
    Again
    Blue Crystal Fire

Again is a Janet Jackson cover, Blue Crystal Fire is a Robbie Basho (idk who that is) cover

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I've got the 7" somewhere I think I can't remember

I ordered the standard Total Loss pressing but since it was mailed out late they included the 7" and a test press

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Apparently Krell was making music before Love Remains with this lo-fi producer named "cokc dokc" and put out a few eps titled "the eternal love," "friday morning hymnal," will u sleep," and "like in the night how the heart becomes the truth"

this is one of the songs. i'm interested in hearing the rest but i can't find them anywhere

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

also this is a terrifically beautiful song i just discovered

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Also can someone update the title of this thread to include the release date

16. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Looks like this is out Oct. 14th and we're getting a new song tomorrow

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Where did you see first part? Was it that billboard he tweeted? Bc I'm pretty sure that date was just advertising the local show wherever it was taken from.

18. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Yeah, just saw a billboard and a date and assumed. My mistake. Hopefully that means it's still coming this month.

19. September 23rd.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  20. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Cheers! Jealous that you've heard it already.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. It's a good one!

RobbieBerns likes this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Definitely making a push for radio play on this album, but damn What's Up is great!!!!

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Again, don't love it, but I love his voice so I'll take my time with it. Love some of the music on this track, but I don't feel like the tracks resonate with me as much. The little rap kind of takes me out of it.

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I adored the back half of the latest album, so these new songs are really appealing to me.