Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How the NFL Watered Down Colin Kaepernick’s Protest • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2017.

1. sdub

A disgusting and horrific bigot? This is exactly the problem with what's going on on campuses like Berkeley. Everyone was shouting down his "white supremacism" which only proves that they've never listened to a word he's said. I will be the first to say I don't agree with everything he says, namely his stance on climate change. However, he has a completely reasonable and logical point of view across the board. Just because you may not agree with it does not make him racist. Please give me one instance where Ben Shapiro has been a "disgusting and horrific bigot". I'm all ears. If I encounter a racial injustice, I will be the first out there fighting it, but this constant labeling of anyone who isn't far left as a racist/bigot/nazi is irresponsible and I'm getting tired of it.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  2. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

he does not have a reasonable and logical point of view across the board.

he's a bigot.
    Here's a list of things that I found.
    Ben Shapiro - RationalWiki

his book is racist as shit.

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Ben Shapiro Tells Yeshiva U. Students Being Transgender Is ‘Mental Illness’

Done. Use google before going to bat for bigots so you don’t go on a huge long rant like this ...

Aaron Mook and littlejohn like this.
  4. sdub

Well Jason, the points he brings up regarding the transgender community may hold water. Before you rush to assume that I am a transgender hating bigot, I would inform you that I approach the facts he presents as a way to look out for and help the transgender community. Ben has discussed that they have an alarming suicide rate of 40%, where the suicide rate of the general population is 4%. A recent UCLA study has concluded that the 40% rate had no bearing on whether the individuals were embraced as the gender they identify with. Given such data, is it not at least worth investigating potential mental illness in the transgender community to help them and in the process save lives? Ben has said on multiple occasions regarding this issue that he's not denying anyones humanity and he truly wishes people in the transgender community the best. I agree with him in that sense and wish them nothing but happy and fruitful lives. Observing scientific data does not make one a bigot.

citation: https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

If you still believe Ben is a racist/bigot/nazi/whatever else are the hot buzzwords thrown around nowadays, what exactly is he wrong about? Certainly not basic biology. I would know as a UCLA biology graduate and medical professional. I think it would be more productive if we actually looked into these issues and tried helping people in need. You may disagree with my stance or Ben's stance, but that doesn't mean we're bigots.

5. Fuck off.

CoffeeEyes17 and littlejohn like this.
  6. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

scientifically speaking, you're a piece of shit.

7. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Thinking being trans is a 'Mental Illness' makes me feel how people who believe in conversion therapy do.

littlejohn likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Too late

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

How the fuck does a UCLA study determine that the 40% of transgender people that commit suicide weren't influenced by being embraced as their identified gender? Did they ask the people left behind, who are totally 100% unlikely to say something negative about someone who just killed themselves? Did they have a seance to talk to the deceased? What a load of fucking shit. To call that "data" is taking years off of my life.

littlejohn likes this.
  10. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

It's sick how everyone wants to tell people like trans folks, gays/les, people who deal with mental health shit etc what they "know" based off such bullshit studies like that when SO OFTEN people closest to people who do kill themselves don't truly realize their hand in things or the thing that made the person who did go that way do those things. My parents themselves still don't believe in any form of depression so I could only imagine if I came to them about that.

So many of these "Studies" really come off as being lead to find findings the people who are doing the study want to present tbh.

electro haikus likes this.
  11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's almost like people who don't feel comfortable and accepted in their own skin and then are continually harassed and disowned after finally making the tough decision to go against societal norms develop major depressive disorders more regularly than the average population

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

UCLA: did you accept the person who just killed themselves
    person: yeah
    UCLA: "data"

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

"thoughts and prayers to victims of this horrible shooting"
    "gets millions from the NRA and won't change anything"

yup, people say what they think is right in tragedies

electro haikus likes this.
  14. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

who would've guessed that the world influences how people see and expect the world to be and when someone comes along in the grey area the world of people who want it black and white really wreak havoc on that persons heart, soul, and mind.
    make sure the study says that they're fucked up but not why.

cwhit likes this.
  15. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

it really makes me sad how people do this columbus day thing, my mom was born on it, im italian, yada yada fuck that. columbus was such scum and the whole history is something that (and im not even into the ___-pride thing but) when i find any pride in my italian roots im like "err.... *larry david face*"

also i heard this earlier and the dude who called in is an idiot.

"he had bawls"