Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How many concerts do you go to in a year? Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by suicidesaints, May 13, 2016.

?

How many concerts do you go to in a year?

1. 1-5

18 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. 5-10

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. 10-20

22 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. 20-30

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  5. 30-40

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. More than 40

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

On average, how many concerts do you go to in a year? Count festivals as one.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

including DIY shows and radio in studios, probably close to 100. probably fewer this year though, still averaging over once a week easily

3. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I'd say probably 2 per month. I try to go to most things that come through here, but when tours skip STL it's hard to convince myself to drive up to Chicago or out to Kansas City area.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I think the most I did one year was over 50. Usually between 30-40. 2-4 a month.

5. rodkimble

Last year I went to 81. Usually between 60-80 in a year

6. I'm in the 60-80 range as well. 2015 was the first year that I broke 80.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What do you guys do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

8. cwhit

research assistant, first year back from being not in school. i've cut down since starting work just because i'm too tired, but most of my shows are 10-15 bucks at most, probably averaging below that, so i don't have to worry about the money aspect

kidinthebushes likes this.
  9. rodkimble

I work for a property management company. Make about 40k a year, but I live with roommates which makes housing cost low and leaves plenty of extra cash for shows.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I am in sales so I can pretty much take off work whenever I need to.

11. cwhit

DC shows have gotten a lot harder now that i'm in baltimore, an hour drive and a 30 minute metro after work wears me out, usually don't get home until 12:30 or 1 now and that sucks. doable, but not something i like to do regularly

12. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Like 5 a year I guess. Artists I want to see rarely come here and it's a pain in the ass (and costly) to travel to Chicago/Detroit/Columbus every time and have to make a day trip at best or an overnight stay at worst just to see a show.

bd007h likes this.
  13. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I would say about 20-30 a year not counting local/friends shows/worked shows. Counting those closer to 100.

14. chris

Trusted Supporter

A lot, between locals and that my gf runs production/door for a regional promoter, a busy week is like 3-4. Prob 1 or 2 on avg.

15. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Not many, maybe 6-7 at most. I do a lot on weeknights so if there's a show it usually has to be on a Saturday or Sunday for me

16. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

2-5.

Western New York isn't always a prime destination for some bigger bands, but we do get some.

Since I went to my first concert 20 years ago (The Monkees on their 30th anniversary tour in 1996 when I was 10 haha), I've been to about 35 or so concerts total (not including a friend of mine's former band).

17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

5-10 probably, counting all of SXSW as one.

18. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

5-10 or so. If I lived closer to a big city, it'd definitely be more.

19. In high school I went 2-3 times a month, now it's like I go 2-3 times a year. I'm boring.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Why so much money?

21. Kristen

Regular

I put 10-20. Just these next few months though I'm going to 2 PVRIS shows, MCS, Blink at X-games, Blink in Houston, and letlive. I saw Foxing a month ago, PVRIS in March, Further Seems Forever in March...I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

So maybe I should be in the next tier up but this year has definitely been concert heavy for me which is a good thing.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

In college I was going to Philly probably twice a week for shows. Now it is about two or three a month.

23. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I usually go 1-5 a year. last year was only 4. this year however, I've already been to 1 and have 3 more coming up within the next two months. more than enough time for more tours that appeal to me to be announced by the end of the year

24. red8ge

Regular

25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

FTank, Quin Stack and muttley like this.