Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How has your Chorus experience been? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borat 2: Vengeance, Jun 16, 2016.

1. GameOfThrones

Regular

I don't know why but it's definitely a kinder environment than AP. I know it's pretty much the same members here, but the tag-teaming, bullying, and ultimately banning dissenting views is not as prevalent now. I remember getting banned for saying "man, this episode of Breaking Bad was kinda boring."

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

what else did u say though lol I find that hard to believe someone would ban you for that.

3. GameOfThrones

Regular

Last week on the GoTs thread I said something like "There was way too much dialogue this episode" and two old school APers said "why isn't this guy banned yet."

Yes, AP days I would have been banned for that.

TheWater(s) and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I was on AP for 4 years before the switch. I really like the new "modern" look and features a lot. Overall I have enjoyed the whole Chorus experience.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I've been visiting AP/Chorus since 2002, but with only minimal forum involvement. I would read responses to news and occasionally browse the forums but towards the end things seemed really toxic.

Chorus has been nothing but a good experience and I'm glad most of the shitlording hasn't made the jump with it. Discussion just needs to pick up a bit in the General forums (more new threads).

Dirty Sanchez and AelNire like this.
  6. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Incidentally, I've not been in the AP/Chorus community for long (not even a year, I don't think), but where exactly was all the drama going down on AP towards the end? I only browse a handful of threads so I believe I may have missed the shitstorm and now I'm curious.

7. GameOfThrones

Regular

@inspectorkemp Certain threads back in AP, mostly under Politics and Entertainment, were run by a few members that dominated the discussion and got to pick the side/view they wanted as the only possible view. It was quite scary to have a different view than them. It was scary to even kindly disagree. People were banned left and right. If one was lucky they were simply thread-banned. But Chorus doesn't yet have that kind of fascism and I hope it never does. But with power comes great responsibility. Chorus is still growing so maybe they aren't looking to ban people so quickly at the moment.

PS- This would easily get me perm-banned back in AP. I hope it doesn't now though:worried:

inspectorkemp likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I like it here

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Vastly better than how it was in the last few years of AP. I deep down really do appreciate the more civil nature of this versus how ugly AP got at times, I feel like I can pop into things and not get treated like I'm some outlander being somewhere I'm not supposed to. I like that the most so yeah, really love it here.

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm enjoying it.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was far, far more incendiary than most people in the Entertainment threads on AP and was never once banned for it, so I don't really know what you're referring to.

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

If anything, I'm more of an ass here.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I thought about this for too long lol. I like that it's easier to post gifs!! I hope people feel more comfortable posting. I like that it's more blended with less focus on post count so everyone feels more equal in that sense. Sometimes I still see people talking negatively about other users in threads which is a bummer. As someone who has been on the receiving end of that in the past, idk report their behavior or pm them imo. At least that's what I'd like if someone was upset with me. Otherwise I def feel more open and free about posting. idk if it's cause I'm so used to everyone here that I'm like "eh, everyone knows I'm weird and annoying, no use trying to be cool!" so I run with it idk haha. Even if people do talk down to me I feel more comfortable telling them off than I did in the past lol. Don't know if that's a Chorus change or a me change. Awww maybe we're growing together :heart:

14. I definitely like how chorus is more friendly than AP. Back on AP users would criticize others on the pics of themselves they posted in the post your pic thread. I thought that was extremely rude and can't believe it was tolerated. It's people like that is the reason i have self esteem issues and afraid to post here even tho people here are friendly.

I remember people being really mean to me on AP to the point where I wanted to stop posting all together, but I just blocked them and told myself they're just immature internet goers. AP gave me a place to vent/rant and it actually helped me a little bit. I do miss some of the threads on there that we don't have here because there's things I want to post at times but don't know where to post it

15. Nick Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

it got a bit ropey a bit back but it's a nice environment with some great people.

lol what? that was about a completely different user who has been spoken out against before.

16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

missing AP slightly (for nostalgia's sake), but chorus is such a step up. really love it.

17. Entoine

tbh content wise it's really poor, i used to visit ap all the time now it's like one or two visits a day.
    forums are p good but album threads tend to be empty for stuff outside the scene as some previously said, and that was i read the most on ap

18. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I used to check the homepage every day for news and I don't now for some reason. Love the forums, though. Mobile site works really well and it's a big step up from AP's forum.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i guess so far anyway chorus is more of a community than a music discussion forum. i've definitely felt unwelcome in one of the larger threads about a band on here because i have a different view compared to others.

20. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Without getting into it, I think the increase in civility and general lack of "drama" unfortunately go hand in hand with lack of discussion outside of scene releases, which is pretty disappointing, but maybe to be expected...idk.

21. Borat 2: Vengeance

Also, I think a lot of users who were the type to just respond to posts with "lol" or w/e either didn't come or have made a concerted effort to not do that (myself included)

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

23. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Pretty good so far.

24. Borat 2: Vengeance

smdh even the mods here are doing it...wake up sheeple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. GameOfThrones

Regular

So what made you make a concerted effort to not be an A-hole to people and their views? What did Chorus bring out in you? Or did you just see a lack of it going on and decided not to start it?