Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How has your Chorus experience been?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borat 2: Vengeance, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I've been thinking about my time on AP and my time here, and am curious to hear others thoughts, whether personal or just about the functionality of the site.

My favorite addition is the like feature, I never would have thought to include it in a forum and it's arguably better implemented than on Facebook, where you can't easily figure out how many likes you've gotten. Also one of my favorite things about modern gaming is achievements, so I love the achievements here.

I know I'm not the first one to say it, but I don't really visit the news page anymore. I would always read the front page before going on the forums on AP, and now I just type f on my keyboard and go straight to the forums.

I would also like to see round ups come back, and would love to do/contribute to one focused on hardcore.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I don't go on the front page either, but on occasion check the article discussion.

But altogether my experience here has been pretty great and I appreciate the more civil music discussions. Hopefully hip-hop discussion picks up more (like it has today) because I feel like that has been slightly slower than it was on AP.

But I really like it here all in all.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What's AP?

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

The overall vibe of chorus is much better than what AP had turned into. I can be myself and not worry about assholes and trolls coming for me. The discussions have been more civil and there's rarely any hostile situations. I love how great everything works on mobile, too.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

about the same, lol. people have grown up a bit but it's the same general audience

people like my recs more so yeah guess that's good

Nick, Cody and TheWater(s) like this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have the post with the most likes, and that's all I care about.

Jason Tate, muttley and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

at first it was good then it was bad now im back and it has been gr8

Nick, St. Nate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

hi

9. devenstonow

Noobie

awful; i get nothing accomplished at work

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Overall it does feel more comfortable here, rip ACA

11. cwhit

12. cwhit

also i've had 3k posts and haven't been banned yet so that's a positive

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've banned like six accounts which is cool

Nick, Garrett L. and stillbrazy like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I squatted on that username, so nobody can take it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not sure who banned my last account but w.e its cool

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Feels like there is a lot less discussion about stuff outside of the scene here. Lots of great releases with the same 5-6 people talking about it every time (ANOHNI, dvsn, White Lung to name a few) and it's kind of a bummer. Seems like people have become less open about music outside their comfort zone here.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wonder if that's because album threads aren't in general anymore

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like there is also a mindset that people shouldn't be talking about stuff they don't like unless the consensus is negative. There seems to be a mentality that people have no business being a thread for an artist/album they don't like and the only way it's acceptable for people to come in a thread with a dissenting opinion is if they preface with something like "hey guys no offense/I wish I could get what you guys are getting out of this".

Not trying to be all negative, there's been some good stuff here. But when the forums were in beta it seemed like there was a sense of openness, but now it feels harder to exist and foster discussion on here as someone whose taste doesn't line up to strongly with the scene.

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I've had this thought too. On AP, General and Music drew very different crowds generally. The discussion in album threads may have run parallel with the discussions happening in the artist thread but I feel like discussion was still different between the two. Hard to put in to words properly what I am thinking right now.

20. Really good so far. The site is super clean, modern, user friendly, etc. Conversation is almost always mature, which is great. I think we're in that limbo phase where there are so many less users here now then there were at AP, so outside of a few chat threads, it feels like forum discussion is moving slower here. Hope the entertainment forum picks up steam.

21. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I feel like when AP closed, a lot of those assholes just kinda said "fuck it" and didn't bother coming over here, which has been great.

Jason Tate, Nick, DarkHotline and 3 others like this.
  22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

23. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

24. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Nothing better than someone who prides themselves on being shitty.

Nick, stillbrazy and AelNire like this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Discussion hasn't been as good but the overall atmosphere is more healthy. I mean a lot of that falls on me, I haven't found the time to participate in things like classic artist or the Film Club