Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How do you listen to music? • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mad, Jun 25, 2020.

1. LastBlues

Songs I'm in the mood for on Spotify if I'm just at home relaxing. Albums are good for car rides.

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I listen mostly to full albums but I love making playlists so that happens pretty frequently too. There are a few artists that I'll shuffle every now and then, but only my very favorites, and when I really don't know what I want to hear I'll put my whole library on shuffle (around 10k songs). Sometimes when I feel out of the loop I'll check out an Apple Music playlist or radio show but I have yet to find an artist I like that way so it's pretty infrequent.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i'd say like 80% full albums, 15% artists on shuffle, 5% playlists

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Almost exclusively full albums. I constantly try making playlists, but an embarrassing number of them don’t even get played once. The most success I’ve ever had with playlists is when they’re comprised of one-offs/b-sides/rarities from different artists that I jam together. I’ve for some reason never thought about just shuffling one artist. I’ll probably try that more for shorter drives or when I’m cleaning or something.

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

Full albums. I'll sometimes queue up a few favourite tracks by the same artist when the albums done, but not often. The only time i'll listen to a playlist is if an artist has a load of loosies and i've collected them all together to make a kind of mini album.

6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I used to listen overwhelmingly to full albums but now that I listen to music while working I'm a pretty even split these days. (It's easier to throw on a personalized station than having to change albums constantly). I'd say 35% full albums, 30% my personalized station on Apple Music, 25% playlists I make and 10% one artist on shuffle.

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Full albums mostly or my own playlists. Other people's playlists no matter the genre/theme are almost always a no because there will be artists I don't like lol. I do use them a bit for discovery I guess. Whole library on shuffle is always a no because my taste is too varied. Hearing Xibalba right after CRJ is just too jarring lol

8. Ghostjax

I make my play list. Some tracks are just there, man. I can't delete them and cant listen to them frequently. I mean, u must have the kind situation too. Lol

9. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Funny, I was kinda thinking about this today. Definitely full albums, and I'll obtain 20-25 releases a week (including EPs, demos, etc). It honestly kind of overwhelms me but it's a compulsive thing. I'll only listen to end-of-the-year playlists and the like, and I only ever use Spotify to make and share playlists.

Question - does anyone here every listen to music while doing absolutely nothing else? I used to do this but now it just feels distressingly unproductive. Sometimes I'll listen to music for hours, but I've got to at least be playing Wordscapes on my phone or summat. I've found I'm most able to pay attention when I'm doing this, or when I'm driving.

10. StreetSpirit

play the blues, punk Supporter

Same, very occasionally for a super anticipated album I’ll sit down with a drink and give it my full attention but that happens less and less. Usually listen while I’m folding laundry or other menial chores (like mowing the lawn, when I had one). Driving is for sure my “““music time”””, I have a 1.5 hour commute so I’ve got a bunch of 2-album weather-based playlists that are fun to mix and match.

11. Ghostjax

Added these babies to my play list recently, Know your worth, Bieber's intentions, 2 Chainz Money maker , Oh My Gawd and the whole of wiz Khalifa's "Big Pimpin" mixtape. lol