Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How did you decide on your favorite franchises? • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 16, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers: I live in Wisconsin
    Washington Redskins (second favorite): family originates in DC area and are fans of the team
    Washington Capitals: same deal
    St. Louis Cardinals: kinda arbitrary,but my dad's always been a fan and I just latched onto that

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Jaguars - moved to Jax (my main childhood hometown) in 1994, they became a team in 1995, they immediately got good in 1996 and beat Elway's Broncos, Marino's Dolphins and Kelly's Bills in the playoffs over the next few years. How do you not fall in love with a team under those circumstances?

Orioles - Downtown Baltimore was the first place I lived on my own as an adult. Baltimore had an amazing bar scene and sports culture, that city is alive when the O's are doing well. I go out for maybe 1-2 craft beers a lot, even with no intention of getting drunk, just for the experience, and especially did then. So I ended up always among a crowd of people who were cheering and chanting boisterously in those bars, very invested in the games and making it almost seem like I was at the game. I happened to move downtown the same year they won their first division title in more than a decade (they lost to the KC Royals in the AL conference game) and it was compelling to watch because they were hitting so many damn homers that year. Camden Yards is also the best stadium I've ever been to for any sport.

Pelicans - I'm a pretty casual basketball fan and I'll root for other teams. The Pelicans are my mom's team (her whole side of the family is from NO) and when they got Anthony Davis I started getting excited about them. Too bad they're still not a very good team, but I was looking for a team to root for, and New Orleans getting a team and then getting one of the NBA's best players gave me something to care about.

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anaheim born and raised. Thankful I've already seen two world championships in my lifetime.

Go Ducks and Angels!

4. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Buffalo Bills - Hometown team born and raised.
    Buffalo Sabres - Same deal ^
    Washington Nationals - Just been a fan of them since they came in the league can't describe why
    Cleveland Cavaliers - Been a fan since before LeBron came the first time lol, and it only grew from that point.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I love this story, except for the Liverpool part! ;-) You should come over to the soccer thread. We always like new people and I need more Barca fans.

6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

All Minnesota teams. From Minnesota.

What is a men's championship?

7. what

Regular

Chicago native, soo.... Bears, Hawks, Bulls, and Sox. Choose the sox when I was like 5 when my dad took me to a crosstown classic game and the sox hit a walk off grand slam in extras.

I started following Everton because my buddies were already fans of the big 4 in the EPL and I wanted to be different, lol. This was also around the 2010 WC and Timmy Howard's prime for the USMNT, so it kind of just made sense to me.

Oh and anything Mizzou Tigers.. because, ya know, college and what not.

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Colts - I liked their logo when I was little and didn't know any better and then Peyton was great and I liked rooting for them. My choices were them or the Falcons during the Vick fallout, soooo

Braves - I'm from Atlanta

Predators - They're the closest NHL team to Atlanta (RIP Thrashers)

UGA - I went to UGA. Also my closest family friends growing up were diehard fans.