Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones Prequel - HBO) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by David87, Oct 29, 2019.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Shireen deserved better

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Halitosis Jones Aug 7, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 7, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

was talking about GoT's iconic opening scene in the other thread. Got me thinking what scene from the book will this series open with? It'll be The Great Council of 101 AC at Harrenhal right?

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That would probably make the most sense. Maybe even a voiceover detailing Jaehaerys' reign leading up to that moment with a montage of sorts. We're getting young Alicent and she was Jaehaerys' cup bearer/basically nurse in his old age. But they're also gonna age her up from the books I assume just like everyone else, so I don't know how the timeline is gonna work.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Though if they had any guts they'd have the opening scene of the show be Aerea's return to Kings Landing with Balereon from Valyria. For absolutely no reason other than I just want to see that played out on screen lol

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I do really like this version of the design of the Iron Throne. Tries to incorporate what the throne looked like in the books, while not ignoring the design of the throne from GoT

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. Halitosis Jones Aug 12, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Most of the characters confirmed to appear that i'm looking forward to seeing the most are ones that i think are only going to be reoccuring in this first season and not heavily featured. Aemond, Aegon, Larys Strong, Tyland Lannister.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

not gonna get this scene in the show since it’s too far before when this show is happening but we should get silverwing at least unless they pull a D&D and combine multiple characters (er, Dragons) into one

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

ah forgot about Larys Clubfoot. That reMinds me that by the time the series is over we should be seeing Ice again

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

27AA41E7-7D67-4AA5-B15E-952A9E77BF63.jpeg Oh no, George….

Sean Murphy and Halitosis Jones like this.
  12. theagentcoma

Love me some Hot D

David87 and Halitosis Jones like this.
  13. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I will only ever refer to this show as Hot D from now on. Thanks GRRM!

Sean Murphy, coleslawed, Orla and 2 others like this.
  14. theagentcoma

Damn we're a week away

David87 likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

“Can’t wait for some Hot D tonight!”

“I have a Hot D appointment this Sunday!”

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Interested to see how they hook people in in episode 1. The first episode of GOT had a natural hook to it where it could end with Jaime pushing Bran and leave the audience going "Wait wtf?!" and needing to tune in next week to see what would come from that. I wonder if this will try to have a similar moment and, if so, what it could be

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

18. theagentcoma

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will probably involve dragons

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Since there will be a timejump I think it'll be the reveal that Rhaenyra/Daemon get married and Alicent is her real enemy, after spending most of the first episode building Rhaenyra/Daemon up as potential future enemies and Rhaenyra/Alicent as being friends.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I have to go back and check but I thought they didn’t get married until much later in the lead up. I can’t imagine we’re only gonna get one episode of the youngsters

21. Reviews seem pretty solid for this. Excited

22. Maybe I’ll end up hating it but we know we’re getting -a lot- of dragons so that should be good enough for me regardless

A lot of my favorite scenes from GOT involved the dragons.

Jamie seeing one for the first time when they get ambushed in Spoils of War gives my dumbass goosebumps every single time.

coleslawed, theagentcoma and David87 like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

agreed. Jaime telling Bron they can take the Dothraki only to hear the dragon roar and he whips his neck around to look with a look of confusion on his face only to be quickly replaced with horror and fear and amazement all at once is such a good scene

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Halitosis Jones and Contender like this.
  25. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Interesting that Hightowers sigil was changed from a red flame to a green flame.