Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones Prequel - HBO) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by David87, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Halitosis Jones Jul 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Also Rhaenys Velaryron looks like she's going to be such a standout character. But man people are going to confused as hell by Rhaenyra and Rhaenys' names.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think at 1:08 it looks like Matt smith/Daemon to me. With a crown on, possibly his crown from the stepstones

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  3. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

If Mushroom isn't in this season i'm going to cry

David87 likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I just read part of that EW feature and I’m both ecstatic but pissed that it spoiled something I was really hoping to see but wasn’t sure we would: we’re gonna get the old king! The show apparently is opening with the great council he called to pick his successor

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

They should have changed the name like they did for Yara since she's named Osha in the books and there's also an Asha, it'll be Sauron and Saruman all over again

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I mean technically they did change her name for the show, but just her last name from Targaryen to Velaryon. I guess in the show she takes Corlys' house name.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. Halitosis Jones Jul 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

yess i was hoping we'd get that too.

8. My expectations are tempered, but I'll definitely be tuning in every week for this. Trailer looked solid.

9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I looked at the cast list and i see Rhaena is going to be in this season too. So yeah Rhaenyra, Rhaenys, and Rhaena. People are going to have a hard time with that one lol

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I never remembered half the character names in game of thrones anyway

11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I had a hard time keeping track of everything reading the book.

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

there's a litany of characters in the book they left out too

13. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yeah Westeros.Org was my best friend while reading Fire & Blood. Also this story gets real confusing trying to figure out who is related to who in what way.

14. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Looking at that cast list I don't see anybody incredibly important from that first part of the story left out

Only characters that might be in that aren't listed are Rhaenyra's two younger sons of her three Valeryon kids from her first marriage, and then Aegon the Younger and young Viserys from her marriage to Daemon, and the 3rd youngest of Alicent's sons I'm sure they'll all still be there just smaller parts

15. How long before game of thrones does this take place

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i think i saw 200 years?

17. Halitosis Jones Jul 21, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

the main linear story of the show is set roughly 170 years (129 AC) before the start of GoT (299 AC). There will be flashbacks in this first season that will go back as far as almost 200 years before.

For context the Targaryens depicted in this show are the 5th, 6th, and 7th generations of Targaryens in Westeros post-Aegon's Conquest. Daenerys and Jon Snow are 14th and 15th generation post-AC Targaryens respectively. Old Maester Aemon is the oldest confirmed living Targ on the tv show, and even he's just 11th generation, and some of the characters you see in the House of the Dragon trailer are his 3x great grandparents.

The main plot of this show is referenced on Game of Thrones by Shireen at least once in a old history book she's reading. So yeah this going to be quite removed from the events in the main series. You'll see tons of familiar last names and house sigils, but don't expect this to be "GoT Muppet Babies" or something like that.

David87, Orla and spiffa0 like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

tbf I think that actually is how some of these characters die if the show depicts the immediate aftermath of the war haha. I don’t know if we’ll get that far though

20. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yeah I was having a hard time remembering any sexual violence in this at all. I think just one instance i could remember, and I think it's the same as you're referring to.

There is way more normal sex than sexual violence in this story though. I don't how they can "tone it down" for the first part of this story that will be depicted in the first season especially.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I was more talking about the just dropping dead of some random sickness thing. At least two important characters, one of which being supremely important, die of an illness that sweeps the kingdoms only a few months after the war ends IIRC haha

I forgot how a certain king dies but I think he succumbs to something random like that too. Burst belly or something like that

coleslawed and Halitosis Jones like this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Watchersonthewall did a trailer breakdown on their website for anyone interested. Definitely caught some interesting things I missed in the trailer

Halitosis Jones and morgantayler like this.
  23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Also if people want additional content, The Ringer now has Mallory Rubin and Joanna Robinson together on the Into the Ringer-Verse podcast, they’ve both done GoT podcasts separately in the past and they will assuredly go super in depth for every episode with the show when it starts. Especially if you’re interested in integration of GRRM’s written content.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

25. Halitosis Jones Jul 25, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Watching Game of Thrones 5x09 where pretty much the basic plot outline of House of The Dragon is spelled out by Shireen to Stannis. It's a scene that tons of people are going to be pointing to as this show goes on.

Stannis: "if you had to choose between Rhaenrya and Aegon whose side would you be on? "
    Shireen: " I would choose neither. It's picking sides is what made everything so horrible"
    Boom moral of the entire series spelled out years before the show even started lol. Still it's going to be fun to watch people root for one side over the other during the Dance before they realize this, if they even do catch onto the point.

David87, coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.