Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones Prequel - HBO) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by David87, Oct 29, 2019.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

This looks fkin sick

2. Halitosis Jones Jul 19, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

It has to be. Still think we're not going to get into full scale war part of the Dance of Dragons until Season 3. My prediction is season 1's final scene will be Rhaenyra giving birth to the malformed stillborn while vowing revenge after the Small Counsel turned on her and i think season 2 will be mostly preparation for war/building alliances "war of the ravens" stuff, Pact of Ice & Fire, the Dragon duel at Storm's End, and probably ends on Blood & Cheese

David87 likes this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

What is this series based on? Are there other books?

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s based on the Dance of Dragons targ civil war that happened a couple hundred years before GoT, which has been outlined in the coffee table book The World Of Ice and Fire, and more detailed in the Targ history book Fire & Blood that GRRM put out back in…2018 i wanna say?

5. Halitosis Jones Jul 19, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I'm really interested to see how the people who didn't read the source material will react to this story especially seeing that compared to the GoT show there are no "good guys" in this story, both sides of the conflict are horrible in their own way, pretty much every adult character is either blatantly evil or dark shades of grey, except Nettles and possibly Corlys depending on how you interpret what he does at the end. Most characters that show signs of innocence or a good heart are either children or merc'd in the story quickly

6. theagentcoma

I have this book but no coffee table, need to give it another look

7. God damn

morgantayler and theagentcoma like this.
  8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Aight I’m in

9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

YUP

10. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Obviously considering how GoTs final season went I'm tempering my expectations but the trailer piqued my interest for sure

11. theagentcoma

damn I got chills

12. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

awesome

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I really hope this isn’t just fan service

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'll watch

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im IN

17. Halitosis Jones Jul 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Depends what you mean by fan service and what kind of fans they are directing that fan service to. Based on everything i've heard the showrunners want this to be a close to GRRMs original story as possible.

Without getting into any spoilers of the books I think if they do follow the source material that in the longterm some of the more casual "HBO/GoT show fans" will be furious at this show at several points. However I think the books fans will love every second.

18. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Watched this a little more closely. At 2:00. Is that Aemond One-Eye I see? If that I didn't think were getting him really until next season

19. I want to believe that this will be good

imthesheriff likes this.
  20. Yep!

21. Had more time to actually pay attention to the trailer

Caraxes looks sick

David87 likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that would be my guess, looks to be training/sparring with Criston Cole. i don’t think we could spend a whole season without getting Alicent Hightower’s children.

And Aemond’s dragon mount is Vhagar, so fucking excited to see Vhagar in action. Curious to see how big she is compared to Drogon

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  23. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Get a much better look at Aemond at 2:21 too

also at 1:08 and 1:29 is that Aegon?

24. Already drooling thinking about seeing Battle Above the Gods Eye down the road.

David87 and Halitosis Jones like this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Drew Beringer likes this.