Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones Prequel - HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by David87, Oct 29, 2019.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuck yesssss!

we’re gonna meet some of my favorite dragons (and Targs) from the world of ice and fire. Cannot wait.

currytheword likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lets goooooo

currytheword likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m intrigued

4. morgantayler Oct 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

MOAR INCEST

Jk I’m extremely down to get the Targ history on screen. I think the axed prequel would have been more intriguing though

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I’ll check it out.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Long Night/Blood Moon would have been more interesting but I’m sure this will be cool.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Looking forward to watching a show in this universe from the beginning instead of jumping in at the last season like I did with GOT lol

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

With this being insta-ordered, I do wonder if part of why George devoted more time to Fire & Blood instead of Winds because HBO told him they were interested in a Targ history series and would do one if he wrote it.

I don't mean to imply he's greedy or anything, but knowing he could get more of his work on screen might have subconsciously impacted his process a bit

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Not a Blog | George R.R. Martin

Couple of excerpts...

1. So those hints he dropped make it sound like it will DEF be the Dance and not the Conquest we get...kind of a bummer just because it means we won't get Aegon and his sisters, and Balerion (However, Balerion lived until 94 AC, and it sounds like we WILL be seeing the Old King Jahaerys at the tail end of his reign, so a slight chance, depending on how far back they go.)

2. That does however mean we get the dance, which means warring queens and awesome dragons (Vhagar and Vermithor are right behind Balerion in awesomeness). Though I already know I will be sad about the circumstances of certain dragons in the war.

3. Kind of assumed the Starks would figure prominently in the other series, but getting the confirmation makes me sadder that it's not going forward.

4. Dunk & Egg! Yeah I wish we were getting a miniseries of that as well.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

George RR Martin offers details on the House of the Dragon writer's room! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

11. Anthony_

Wonder which big names they'll attach to try and round the cast out. Betting there will be at least two actors on the level of a Sean Bean/Peter Dinklage/Naomi Watts in the cast.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Assuming this show starts with The Old King Jaehaerys still alive, there are a lotttttt of ways they could go with a big name that would only be there for a short time ala Bean if they wanted to. A lot of older actors could pull it off for sure. For example, Ian McKellan could definitely pull it off based on the description of him later in life with the long beard and etc. I doubt they'd want to make that connection with Lord of the Rings though lol

13. Anthony_

If they could get Ian McKellan they 100% would do it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Take this with a grain, as it’s the only place I’ve seen this rumor and these characters would only be around in flashbacks if the show is starting with/concentrating on the Dance as originally reported

15. anc

Hi all, I hope you enjoy this

audio-visual experience that gets us all excited for House Of The Dragon (and the Second Age LOTR business), Cheers, Anc

16. anc Feb 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2020)
    anc

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Thanks Philip

sawhney[rusted]2 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting. Unfortunately doesn’t give us much hint about what exactly will be in the show because no matter which part of Fire & Blood they’re doing, the majority of it will take place in the south.

but they’ll also be in Kings Landing so I’m surprised they would stop using that one road for the Kings Road, and also this probably lowers the chances we see Storms End/the stormlands since they’re supposed to be lush/green like Ireland

19. Anthony_

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Anthony_

This era is the most similar to the plot of the main series (exiled monarch waging war against the evil queen who has placed her son with an illegitimate claim on the throne). Makes sense it would be the focus of the show.

David87 likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah true, it'll be a similar beat for the show normies for sure.

I don't know enough actors to have any idea who could fill these roles as I assume they'll go for 'smaller' names again. Big name comparisons that come to mind looks wise would be like Evangeline Lilly or Liv Tyler for Alicent. That's the kind of "look" I would imagine for her.

Assuming were dealing with the older Rhaenyra, I'm trying to think of a more 'stout' blonde actress that would probably fit the description. Something like maybe a shorter/slightly plumper Amy Schumer comes to mind? She's not really described as overweight IIRC, more "thicc" lol

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i can only assume they’ll mostly lean into unknowns again, no?

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I assume the same, I was just thinking of looks-wise comparisons to their descriptions in the book, was hoping someone here who knows more lesser known actors would maybe have some good ideas haha.

Though with Sean Bean and then Naomi Watts, there's a solid chance they'll probably want to attach at least one well known name to this one as a major character. Not sure if it'll be either of these two, though they are pretty central to the story so hard to imagine who would count even more as a "lead" or "main" character.

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. Anthony_

There’s almost certainly going to be at least one or two “name” actors involved. People at least on the level of Sean Bean or Dinklage.