Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of Heroes Share “Colors Run” and Post Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. the end is not the end is still a great album, but I forget these guys existed because everything else is very mediocre. this isn't really much different from that haha. the bridge shows potential though.

3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Wasn't feeling this at first, but by the second verse I was in. Cool song.

4. Jesse Atticus

Newbie Supporter

econd chorus I liked it, loved the bridge and at the end I felt like I wanted to listen again. So...?

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

First thing I've really loved with them since Suburba. Excited to see how this record ends up being now.

6. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I wasn't feeling this song too much, but they released another on the BC podcast, and I liked it a ton. I'm excited for the record, these guys never let me down.

7. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

I tried to post the "Comfort Trap" lyric video from Cold Hard Want on here...wouldn't work. Still a little buggy, I guess. Either way, that song blows me away every time I revisit it. Definitely surpasses most of End and Suburbia in my opinion.

8. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Lovely. Can't wait for more.

9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

They also sent downloads for "Colors Run" and "Pioneers" to all the indie-go-go backers. (looks like you get it if you pre-order too)

"Pioneers" is great. A lot heavier than Colors Run. Also towards the start they re-use the "Why can't I be more" riff from the chorus of "Colors Run" a few times. (First towards the start with a dirtier/twangier guitar sound, then towards the end with vocals). If the rest of the album continues that trend of all the songs feeding off the others it could wind up being really good.

chhholly123 likes this.
  10. chhholly123

So far they sent the downloads through Google Drive and a lot of people couldn't download due to heavy traffic. I did hear it though and completely agree. Love this heavy HOH.

11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

They sent me non google drive links this morning. Maybe check your spam folder?

12. chhholly123

Good call. Thanks!

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

Love "Colors Run". It gives me that nostalgic feeling and takes me back to the classic early 2000's alt rock that made me fall in love with music in the first place.

"Pioneer" is great too. This band can't do wrong in my opinion.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I loved The End is Not the End and Cold Hard Want but haven't listened to these guys in a while. Now I've gotta throw a bunch of their stuff on a work playlist. Pumped for a new album.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Possibly my favorite song of theirs. It's at least up there.

18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It's been almost 2 years since the IndieGoGo campaign. So ready for this album!