Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of Heroes - Colors (June 10, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Apr 11, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I really, really liked God. As a side note, it's funny that both House of Heroes and Relient K just released albums containing a song called God.

2. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I was thinking that as well. Both great songs!

3. Will Montei

And both are track 7. Also, track 4 on Relient K's is "Cat" and track 4 on House of Heroes is "Rat." Coincidence?!?!

4. dlemert

Trusted

Didn't see a HOH thread, just wanted to say I'm re-listening to Suburba and that album and this band are both a gift to mankind and I hope they keep making music forever.

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah. Suburba is my favorite, followed by Cold Hard Want. I love the band's capability to get heavy but still have crazy harmonies and catchy choruses.

anonimito and ezmo311 like this.
  6. NitrateDawn

Regular

Dang, saw someone bumped this thread and I was hoping there was a new music announcement or something. Seems like they've been pretty MIA since Colors came out.

7. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Suburba and The End is Not the End are two gems for me. Wish these guys had gotten bigger!

8. dlemert

Trusted

Suburba and TEINTE are both masterpieces for me, really like Cold Hard Want but didn't really get into Colors at all. We're probably about time for some new music though, aren't we?

9. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm not convinced we'll ever get any more... :( I think the last record was a struggle to get made and they've been inactive on social media for almost 2 years now. Don't think they've toured in that time either. Hope I'm wrong though

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Colin said on a podcast a while back that they were planning to do a one-off 10-year show for TEINTE in Columbus at some point this year.

Which I will absolutely go to.

But who knows if it will happen.

11. contra11mundum

anonimito, NitrateDawn and JRGComedy like this.
  12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Random bump, but I just wanted to share that these guys are still active/not broken up. Been chatting with Tim Skipper and he said they had planned to do a "Suburba" album show in December but had to cancel that obviously...also planning to release an EP at some point of re-recorded, "punked up" faster versions of old songs they recorded back around the Colors album sessions.

13. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

That almost sounds like the stretch goal that they hit for that campaign (I don't think it actually was released, was it?). I'm so happy to hear that they are still active - Colors is top notch!

mmhmm and contra11mundum like this.
  14. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, I believe that's correct- same thing.

anonimito likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new EP would be pretttttty cool

anonimito likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm always down for more music from this band

anonimito likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Easily my favorite album from them. Sadly, I don't think I could drive all the way to Ohio for it though.

contra11mundum and mmhmm like this.
  19. contra11mundum

Fortunately this is only two hours away for me! I went to the one they did for TEINTE and it was a blast. Thrilled to be able to see them again. Didn’t think I ever would tbh

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. "Buckets For Bullet Wounds" popped into my head the other day, and I realized it's been like ten years since I listened to this band so I started a discography run. I'm up to The End Is Not the End now, and man they are so good.

anonimito and contra11mundum like this.
  21. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

It’s also been like 10 years since someone bumped this thread haha

ezmo311 and anonimito like this.