Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of Heroes - Colors (June 10, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

House of Heroes - Colors
    Release Date: June 10th, 2016

(Don't know if the track listing is available anywhere yet.)

2. Tim

I thoroughly loved The End is Not the End and Cold Hard Want, and also dug Suburba a decent bit. So, I'm definitely hyped for this new one.

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love all those albums. Know they won't blow up with this one, but I hope it does okay for them. I'd really hate to lose them.

4. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I feel like I have been so excited for this album for so long! They always put out quality albums, and I don't expect anything less from what I've heard so far.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Here for it! Cold Hard Want is probably my favorite album of theirs, but I really like them all

josephcissell likes this.
  6. This band is so consistently good. It always makes me happy to see them continuing to make records despite never getting a huge amount of recognition and success.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'm hopeful for this. Especially since I paid $20 + shipping for the CD pre-order.

8. On track 3. I like this.

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Not really into the song but I've kind of gone off all of their stuff. There's only really a few songs I revisit now.

10. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

Really enjoy this band. Excelente.

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Not a fan of the Badchristian store. Wasn't given the instant downloads I was supposed to, and I paid $25 for a cd and download worth $6. E-mailed them with no response about the downloads, so I e-mailed again asking them to cancel my order. Hope I get a response, and I hope Amazon gets some CD's in stock so I can get the album. haha I hope my case is a one off and everyone else's experience with the site is better than mine. Mini rant over.

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody else really dig Love Is For the Middle Class?

contra11mundum and Tim like this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really dig that whole album. The only thing of theirs I'm not really into is the Smoke EP.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I love Suburbia. Smoke has some okay stuff on it, but I agree that it failed to reach the heights of the three albums before it. I'm also not really a fan of Say No More.

chhholly123 likes this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I actually forgot about Say No More. haha I haven't listened to it front to back before (I don't think) so I don't really have an opinion on it. My biggest worry with Colors is that I think they've gotten slightly worse with each album since The End is not the End, and if the trend continues they'll eventually hit a point where I'm just not into it anymore. It hasn't happened yet though.

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Right. I do think I like Cold Hard Want equally with The End. But it would take another listen through both of those albums to truly decide that, haha.

17. SpyKi

I like each one significantly less than the last since The End and they've also aged poorly for me so I don't have very high expectations for this.

18. josephcissell

Regular

I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like Cold Hard Want more than the rest of their work. Something about it just clicked for me.

Tim likes this.
  19. Benjamin Lee Apr 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2016)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Cold Hard Want has some of their strongest songs I think. Out my Way, Comfort Trap and Suspect are all favorites from the band. But it also has some of their weakest songs pre-smoke, such as Touch the Light and a couple others I can't even remember honestly. I think Suburba is solid all the way through, just like a solid 7-7.5. The End is not the End is a solid 8.5-9, except maybe Voices. Not even basing that off of any potential political differences, (I prefer not to say whether I agree with it or not) but just because I think it's a song where they wanted to try something different and didn't totally succeed.

Edit: Also want to add, Lovesick Zombie is a super fun song and in the top 5 songs by them for me.

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Another track is on The Bad Christian podcast, "Matador". Sounds real good, fast and heavy... even some screaming sort of in there. Tim also gives a little more detail about the concept of Colors.

21. SpyKi

"Touch the Light" was like the only song I liked on CHW, ha.

josephcissell likes this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

One of my least favorites

23. Tim

I don't actively dislike anything on CHW, but my favorites are "Touch This Light," "Angels of Night," "Dance," "We Were Giants," and "Remember the Empire."

... So, close to half the album, I guess. lol.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Man, I am not feeling any of the three songs out so far. Might end up just passing on this one. I think this band kind of lost me at Smoke.

25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter