Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of Cards (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

show was getting stale really quick anyway. i think this is the best thing for it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This honestly just couldn't have worked out better, they left it in a spot where it's just so so easy to write Frank out that I if I didn't know about the behind the scenes stuff, I would find it believable he wouldn't be in the 6th season anyway (at least not in a prominent role). All I wonder is if they'll completely write the character off, or if they'll have him away in prison or something and we have Doug or someone act as a surrogate communicator between him and Claire. Idk there's several ways they could approach it that would work though.

Mrplum5089 and supernovagirl like this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it’s incredibly easy to never show Frank or ever have him communicate with anyone.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting move

5. bedwettingcosmo

Heh yeah... That was unexpected but really dont know how else they are supposed to play it

6. bedwettingcosmo

yeesh those FB comments suck.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I was assuming he was either put into prison between seasons or killed, but prison would open a storyline for us to still see him and have character interactions. Killing him off truly was the only way to play it. I hope we find out how he died, and I hope it was Claire's doing, and I hope the first episode settles that and we never hear about him again.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Killing him off feels cheap when he could have just as easily been in prison. But if either Claire had him killed or if he offed himself after imminent prison time or something like that I'd be more ok with it. Basically I just don't want him to die of a heart attack and never have any fallout from him crimes - not because I wasn't rooting for Frank, but it would just feel anticlimatic for him to just kind of die

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

agree 100%

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I don't have any expectations for this show anymore tbh

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I have no desire to watch this (felt the last two series had declined in quality) but feel like I should.

12. bedwettingcosmo

it def has been declining but at least its self aware enough to kill itself off when the end arrives (cough cough walking dead cough cough)

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Was this always going to be the last series? I thought they just decided to kill it when the Spacey stuff came out.

14. bedwettingcosmo

yeah, doesn't really make a difference to me. lincoln is leaving walking dead and they are still opting to go on. but two different shows i guess.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm pretty sure this was always going to be the last one.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. Greg Kinnear is a nice addition. Not particularly excited about this season, though.

17. bedwettingcosmo

this season is actually looking really good

18. Welp I am sold. Looks much better than the last one which doesn't say much but looks really good nonetheless.

Also to me that trailer suggests Spacey is not fully written out and might make an appearance.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that would be a pretty bold move.

i wouldn't say i'm actively looking forward to this but i am very intrigued to see how they will tackle spacey's presumed exit as well as wrapping up the show itself. i wonder if the ending they envisioned all along had to be changed due to the spacey situation or if they've been able to stay relatively on course.

20. bedwettingcosmo

imo there is no way spacey is in this

21. That was him talking to Doug though right? Sounded like his voice.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I doubt Frank was originally going to be completely written out, but I do think the plan was always to have this become Clair's show by the end, so I don't think it was difficult for them to adapt to losing Frank. The show is called House of Cards which implies it's likely to all come tumbling down eventually. I think the only difference is that now that tumble is going to happen off screen and we are going to begin the season after that point.

I'm still excited for the season, just to see how it all ends. I've always enjoyed this show, even if seasons 1 & 2 were definitely better than what's come since.

supernovagirl and PatRFinley like this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I think at some point they were going to have frank go down, but everything that happened outside the show they had to pivot a bit early.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t think that was Frank talking to doug, just watched the trailer and nothing about it imo hinted that frank is still in the picture. from earlier trailers/teasers it is implied that he’s dead and in this trailer we see several clip of a body about to be cremated, it could be a red herring, but i dont think spacey will have any time on screen or voicing any scenes of this season. It would be incredibly bold of them to put him in this season.

Cool to see Diane Lane join the cast, was that announced earlier? Did I miss that completely?

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What I just watched the trailer this looks so good!