Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

House of Cards (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett L., Mar 10, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can't wait to watch this.

2. Mrplum5089

Trusted

Season Six can't come fast enough.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

You already pound Season 5 out??

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  4. Mrplum5089

Trusted

Being on summer break has its benefits.

5. Larry David

Are you a teacher? Lucky

6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

First episode seemed a bit off. Not sure if it's the writing, direction, lighting. Something just seemed different.

7. Larry David

The lighting is always off. Haha

8. Mrplum5089

Trusted

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. Larry David

Haha. I'm still jealous of your free time!

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  10. devenstonow

Noobie

Avoid Frank's wikipedia page and the House of Cards wiki. Bigly spoilers there.

(so I'm just gonna give everyone the specific piece of info I was unsure about sooooo I guess spoilers through season 4)

If you're like me and forget if they ever say which actual number President he is (ie. if obama or anyone else existed) in the House of Cards timeline, he's the 46th. Walker is the 45th. There's no reference to who the 44th is other than assuming they served one term

11. FrenzalRob

- Melb, AUS -

LOVING THIS. Up to episode 5, and it's so good. Frank's just as crafty as ever.

Also Doug Stamper might be the most unlikable character in modern television drama. Genuinely hate him.

12. Jacob

The sum of n from 1 to 36 is pretty metal Prestigious

so damn good

FrenzalRob likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ahhh, not had chance to watch any of this yet! Desperate to see it.

14. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I'm only one episode in this season, but that reveal at the end...genius

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This show is not good and it makes me horrifically uncomfortable and it also needlessly steers into Trump analogues. It's a like a slow motion car crash, I know it's horrific but I also can't stop watching

16. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

The first episode felt a little off, but I really enjoyed the second. This is such a good show. I hope to watch a lot more of it this weekend.

17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I think the 2016 election craziness in general tripped up this show in terms of writing. Nothing really shocks us anymore, and this show is built on the idea of average people having no idea how corrupt the political system is. I'm only a few episodes in, so I'm not ready to give a verdict on the season.

18. Jacob

The sum of n from 1 to 36 is pretty metal Prestigious

ya this show is awesome. 2016 election didn't change my enjoyment of it at all. Would have gone in this direction regardless of Trump imo.

Ken and Garrett L. like this.
  19. Larry David

I need to remember to download episode 1(of new season) tonight so I can watch it at work tomorrow on my lunch!

20. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

Just finished. I think this might be my least favorite season? Weird time jumps and pacing.

Ken likes this.
  21. imthesheriff

Here I Am. So Glad You Are. Prestigious

This season was definitely weird but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Really weird he fought so hard to just resign especially when him and Claire haven't been on the best terms.

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Prestigious

This season was pretty frustrating. It felt like the same old story over and over again. Grayson already had his period of playing both sides, didn't really need to see that again. I hated to see how Stamper got treated, he's always been my favorite character. So what happened to Durant after Frank pushed her down the stairs? They keep acting like she's going to come back - but they never really came back to it. Also hated what happened to LeAnn. I feel like Francis and Stamper both some very out-of-character decisions towards the end of the season. Frank going to see Walker before he testified was a horrible idea. Doing something that risky just to flex his muscles didn't seem right. And Doug following Lisa to talk to her himself even after getting Green involved just seemed dumb and not like something he would do anymore. I know he had planned on drugging her - but why get personally involved when he already reached out in order to stay away from it? This show has become a political game of thrones, where the throne is the presidency. And even though Claire possesses it now, Mark is in the best position because he will more than likely be tabbed VP, plus he has Tom's body connections claire to his death. I'll probably stay tuned what happens next, but this was my least favorite season

23. Kuri44

Trusted

I'm only on episode 6, but this season has been pretty boring overall. I thought I'd be bingeing this all weekend, but instead I find myself checking how many minutes are left of each episode multiple times

24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Guess I'm in the minority here. I'm on episode 9 and I think it's the best season since the second.

25. Kuri44

Trusted

To be fair, I've been watching it on my iPad since I'm in the middle of a move and I feel like it's taken away some of the enjoyment if that makes sense... maybe I'm just making excuses for myself though lol

Full Effect Ed likes this.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.