Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

House of Cards (Netflix) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I had some fun with this. The last two episodes were pretty unimpressive, but this season had it's moments.

Even though Spacey is a trash person, his character was missed and needed. I feel they did the best they could on shifting focus to a character who we didn't really know all that well and had been kind of inconsistent throughout the series.

That ending though.....not a good way to wrap up anything...

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The thing is I was surprised how much he was brought up. They could've made a really good season with Claire that didn't depend on Frank at all I think but there was just too much crammed in 8 episodes and did anybody wanna see Claire come out on top in this season? I didn't lol

supernovagirl and Davjs like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I agree with how much was crammed in, I feel like if they did 13 eps it would have given the new characters and plot points time to breathe. I also didn't want to see her come out on top, but at the same time didn't want the Shepherd's to win either haha. I kind of wanted Doug to win for a bit, but then he became full on psychopath which was a turn I didn't like.
    I do think them always bringing up Frank was necessary though. It made sense to me that his shadow would hang over her, esp within her first year.

mattfreaksmeout and slimfenix182 like this.
  4. @@ron

Regular

This didn't feel like a series finale to me. I had planned to watch the whole series again once i finished this last one, but now I probably won't.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I feel like there is no logical way to continue from where they ended, so they did a cop out shock ending just for the sake of it.

I don't know if I am explaining it right, but I would love to see another episode of what happens after, but I feel like they only gave us that ending because they knew they didn't have to show us anymore and could get away with that.

mattfreaksmeout and @@ron like this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Honestly I do not understand the hate for the ending, at all.
    I liked it and thought it was unexpected and exciting. It wrapped up just enough and didn’t leave a gigantic cliff hanger. I dunno. I guess I would like to hear people’s opinions on how they would rather it have gone.

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The first two seasons are great and then it was up and down, I honestly don't think I could make it through a full rewatch

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. Haven't finished but I loved Episode 5. That alone was better than all of Season 5 for all I know.

9. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno, having the president murder someone in the oval office is a pretty big cliffhanger. That fall out from that and what has to happen afterwards makes it fall into that category I think.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

I dunno I took it as she stopped an assasination attempt which she has clear evidence of as well as the list of people who were responsible. To me that’s not a cliffhanger. An infuriating cliffhanger for me would have been like, Doug pointing a gun at her and then cut to black. Not wrapping everything up perfectly in a bow is not the same as a cliffhanger lol

11. Davjs

Trusted

Ah, you are talking like The Sopranos type ending huh? I can understand that take.

12. supernovagirl

I mean I haven’t seen that but sure haha. In that vein.

Davjs likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just finish this and I have mixed feelings. Overall, I enjoyed the season and I think they did a good job. I do think it made sense Frank was still a big part of the show. You can’t just erase him from it. I also thought it was a pretty cool twist to have Doug be the one who killed Frank, that even he realized Frank had lost it. I do feel a lot of plots went unresolved but also feel like it’s easy enough to fill in the blanks. Claire has the knife wound and list of names to confirm an assassinstion attempt. She said several times that Doug was the last link thing her to Frank, and the Shepherds will go down with the assassinstion plot. I guess she’ll call off the nuclear strike too. I’m surprised Janine wasn’t killed - I thought for sure when she had that scene in the car that they were gonna off her. But I can’t help but feel like she still has a lot of work to do to win back the good faith of her cabinet. Idk maybe now that she’s not fighting everyone at every turn she will be able to be a better leader.

As typical with me watching House of Cards, I got lost in some of the plot. I don’t exactly get Doug’s intentions. Was he ever actually planning to kill Claire or was he working for her the whole time? And how did the army guy fit into it all? I didn’t get what his role was.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Finally finished the final season. Can't remember how I felt about the past couple seasons, but I was pretty indifferent on this one.

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Also finished this last night. Some good stuff in the final season but that ending... wtf?

awakeohsleeper and imthesheriff like this.
  16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the middle of this season was pretty good, I too would like to see the fallout from everything that happened but I don’t hate the ending. Wish it had gone on longer episode amount-wise. Not bad, not great. Might rewatch the series to make sure there isn’t stuff that I missed.

Davjs likes this.