Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Houndmouth Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matthewconte, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Orleans

The new song is god awful. I don't like the new direction, it seems very lazy.

Serenity Now likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It sure doesn't sound like the Houndmouth I fell for.

3. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't say anything they do is lazy...when they commit to a theme/aesthetic they really commit. You can see that continued aesthetic for this third album in the self-deprecating video they released after all their fans shit on the song.

4. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

But also I don't like the song.

5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

We are watching them jump the shark. My worst fear was that w/o Kate, this band would implode. Seems like that’s actually happening

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Listened to the song a few more times since yesterday and I don't begrudge them for the alt-pop direction change, but I think I'm in shock over the radical departure from their established sound. Guess we'll see what the full length has in store.

7. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I think it's all about the production, too. I just saw them at Bowery Ballroom and the new songs are pretty good live, but the difference between hearing those production ticks on "This Party" compared to hearing it live is radical. I hope I like the studio versions of other new songs that I heard tonight as much as I did hearing them live.

8. Serenity Now

How’s everyone feeling about the new songs now that the record is out?

9. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I like the album fine but nothing like their past stuff. Songs like "Waiting for the Night," "World Leader," and "Coast to Coast" are definitely better live without all the production touches.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I still think it's a bit of a shock moving from their previous sound, but I liked it a lot more than I expected to on the couple listens I had time for. Listening through, I felt that these songs would translate well into a live setting.

11. Serenity Now

It’s not as bad as I thought it’d be when This Party first came out, but I don’t get why they dressed up the album w/ a bunch of noisey production if they’re not going to try to replicate it live.

12. Serenity Now

Think this album works better as an EP with different sequencing. Trying to get the right combo of songs and I think I'm close...

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I'll finally give the new record a shot soon. Not expecting much hoping it surprises me and is better than "This Party".

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

drunk and seeing this band. never heard of them before. our neighbor took us. we’ll see how it goes

15. Serenity Now

they’re nothing new but they’re easily enjoyed in that state of mind