Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hot Water Music

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Augustus Jordal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Augustus Jordal

Noticed there was no thread for these guys.

Super important band to me and opened me up to a lot of great music at a really young age. Love them a bit still as well as their side projects. Cool band.

2. Augustus Jordal

One Step to Slip came on today while I was walking across campus and I couldn't help but bop around campus

3. Paul Beaumont

Consistently one of the best bands. Really hope they do something together again soon. Although I still play chuck's latest solo LP a tonne.

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Not holding my breath for a reunion of any sort anytime soon, but they'll forever remain one of my favorites.

5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Did exister not do well? Really seemed to jump from punk to bar-rock which I loved

6. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

"Jack of All Trades" and "All Heads Down" are two of my favorite songs of all time. Gotta love Punk-O-Rama comps.

7. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Agree. I loved Exister. It's just a very easy album to listen to whatever mood I'm in. I don't feel that many bands are making straight up solid rock records.

Is there anything official on them not playing together anymore. I figured it was just gonna be one of those things where they get back together every couple of years and play some shows. Maybe do a new record.

The bassist's rank your albums piece on Noisey was really interesting to read.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. DesolateEarth

Birb

Terrific band. Count me in the "Exister was good" club, though Caution is my personal favorite of theirs.

9. atlas

Trusted

Would love to get a chance to see these guys live, even just once

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New album, Light It Up, out September 15th:

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  11. DesolateEarth

Birb

I dig it. Exister was pretty great and this will be as well I'm sure.

Gnarly Charlie and KidLightning like this.
  12. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Has anyone listened to the 2018 remasters? I was wondering if they were substantially different from the originals.

13. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Welp. That ain't bad news.

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm excited to see what they come up with and how a three-pronged guitar attack will affect their sound, if at all.

16. ghostxvapor

Trusted

17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Hot Water Music cover by Terror was awesome. I was wondering how they were going to approach it.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Anyone want this shirt (size small, Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton)? Washed but never worn, I got it for free and I'll ship it to you.

D491D545-DDE7-4086-8CB2-C2E3FE02F34D.jpeg