Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hot Topic Having a Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Picked up The Artist in the Ambulance on that green splatter. Can't beat $18.

3. I wish they pressed better vinyl because some of these deals are great.

4. thewoj

Hey, remember Absolutepunk?

In store too or online only?

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Went in their randomly awhile ago with a friend, they actually had a shit ton of vinyl

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Tempted to get The Bled - Heat Fetish, Say Anything - IDTII, and FFTL - Heroine.

... but I'm trying to save $$ for my move to a new apartment. Ugh. Life is hard guys.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Passing on Bled but debating on Heroine. I love that record despite hating the rest of their discography.

Definitely getting I Don't Think It Is. I've grown to really enjoy that record.

BigMouth likes this.
  8. jakeryandesigns

This seems like prices these records should be before retail markup more than an actual sale.

DearCory and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. I can't believe I'm so broke that I can't afford $30 for two of my favorite records from last year. Hope these deals last a while.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Which records are those? Just curious.

11. Cody and Light We Made

Honestly I've been considering picking up I Don't Think It Is as well just because I have the rest of Say Anything's discography and my dislike of that record led to Max and I talking and eventually the interview I recently did with him, haha

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Daisy on green vinyl for $16 SURE

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Link to this interview??

I think IDTII is super underrated. It's grown on me so much over time.

I like it better than Hebrews and Anarchy, personally.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Hah, it's actually publishing in the next few days, I'll quote you again when it does. It's all about his relationship with music journalism and critical reviews, and then there's some info about the new Say Anything album, future plans and what it was like to be on a major label.

IDTII is definitely still my least favorite, but I re-read a lot of what Bemis wrote around the time of release before revisiting the album and I think I finally get it, at least, plus the conversation it led us to having kind of gave me a connection to it. Then again, I love Hebrews and think Anarchy is underrated, haha. Bemis and Say Anything will always hold a special place in my heart, even if the new records end up not being for me.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Awesome to hear man. Please quote me again so I can read it! I'm also happy we are getting a new SA record soon. That's great news :-)

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

ughhhh, i don't have any money whatsoever and there's actually records i really want from there rn.

hmmm anyone wanna pick me up White Hot Moon and Brought You My Bullets and i'll get you back Friday?
    worth a shot

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Zetsu

Registered Pokémon Champion

I'll do it if you want to pay for the entire order + some for my trouble and reshipping costs lmfao

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. It's the start of a series, so let me know what you think!

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Aaron! Didn't forget about this interview- I just read it and I dig it man! Great piece and love how stripped down and genuine it felt while reading. Just two dudes talking. Good stuff sir!!

Wish I was able to read that IDTII review on absolutepunk lol.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Thanks a lot! Installment #2 is coming next week.

Revisiting that review, it really wasn't as bad as I remembered and I can't say I really regret the way I worded anything, but given the circumstances, it's probably good that the review (and tweets) have disappeared lol

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I definitely hated the album at first but now I low key love it. It just had to grow on me. I'll have to bookmark the site to keep an eye out on #2! *virtual high five*

Aaron Mook likes this.