Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hot Rod Circuit Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Mar 31, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Listened to Sorry About Tomorrow on the drive home from work today, and that coupled with the shutting down of AP, had me feeling incredibly nostalgic. Their last three albums are wonderful, and I hope to see them eventually.

2. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

I've been listening to that album a lot recently too. HRC is one band I've never seen, but desperately want to.

3. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

New song is up on Spotify. Thoughts? I'm digging it.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Huh??

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I'm loving the new song. Sounds just like how I want Hot Rod Circuit to sound :-)

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is awesome. Haven't listened to these guys in awhile.

7. Love this band so much. Currently listening to Sorry About Tomorrow, and The UnderGround is a Dying Breed is probably up next.

heywassuphello likes this.
  8. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

Sorry About Tomorrow is always a front to back, windows down album for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Okay it's fuckin' 2019, who do I have to pay off to get The Underground Is A Dying Breed on Spotify?

paulmanley and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. soggytime

Trusted

I actually just listened to Sorry About Tomorrow from front to back for the very first time. In 2020. These guys are a big blind spot for me. This is fantastic.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. I don't think The Underground is a Dying Breed is steaming, but def give it a listen on Youtube.

12. You used to be able to buy it on iTunes even when it wasn't on streaming, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

13. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Catching a random HRC show here in Austin in a couple of weeks with Recover, pleasantly surprised how that worked out

14. Miss these guys often

15. Clen118

Jay Russell was on a podcast a few months ago and indicated they would be playing shows more often.

Two Week Notice

On this podcast episode, we discuss: Jay growing up on a river in Connecticut, his attempts at college and how it lead to joining Hot Rod Circuit, his battle with alcoholism and addiction, touring with Piebald, hanging out with The Get Up Kids, repairing home appliances, the future of Hot Rod Circuit, Jay's other musical projects, and much more.

mynamesgeneric likes this.
  16. Chcurry182 Dec 15, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2022)
    Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Have been on a huge HRC kick this week. I forgot how good Sorry About Tomorrow and The Underground Is A Dying Breed are

17. Those are my two faves as well. Would love another opportunity to see these guys live. Last time was their farewell tour in 2007!

Chcurry182 likes this.
  18. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I wish we could get The Underground Is A Dying Breed on Spotify, one of the few albums I have to turn to Youtube for

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. What's the consensus on Reality's Coming Through? I had a soft spot for it for a long time because my anticipation was through the roof after SAT, but I revisited it recently and it seemed much more uneven than I remembered.