Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hot Mulligan Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tshreve, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it'll probably end up happening in some states and not in others. But yeah I was surprised to see a tour announcement earlier than the summer.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

ugh Heart Attack Man ughhhhhhhhhh

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

My exact thoughts...I’d love to go to a Hot Mulligan/MM@TA show but don’t know if I could sit through HAM in the middle.

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. Anthony_

yeah I’m not giving any money to a bill that has HAM on it, which sucks but oh well

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

In case any one needed a reminder why they are the worst check out this extremely recent tweet

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I was just reading their thread to see what you guys were talking about. Seems like they're trying to be funny a lot and they just come off as assholes.

7. Anthony_

They also made some, I believe, transphobic comments on Twitter as well? I think that was them? If it wasn’t transphobic it was something else that was actually harmful, unlike the above tweet which is just idiotic. It’s sadly so hard to keep track these days!

8. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

nah i don't think they're transphobic, i think you're thinking about this (wrt the Better Off situation from last year)

e: lots of their social sucks but this is the thing that's always stuck out to me

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. Anthony_

Yes thank you. This is it. Going to bat for a dude who caped for his touring bassist that assaulted a woman. Not great!

TriangularDuck likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah from what I’ve seen they’re whiny shitheads and they made some weird twitter apology song. Don’t like them at all, but that’s more just me being annoyed at how they treat accountability like a meme

ArmsLikeTeeth and TriangularDuck like this.
  11. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

sometimes I think I'm just too old for their social. like everyone in their mentions is a leftist/lgbt zoomer, it really feels like there's something I just don't get at times. but whatever it is, it really turns me off. like ... i kinda get it. accountability is a meme for a lot of bands in the scene, they pretend to be 'accountable' but it's all a bunch of bullshit. but HAM tries to play both sides of the aisle and it just doesn't land with me.

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It reminds me of white libs who make “ironic” racist jokes

TriangularDuck likes this.
  13. OhTheWater Nov 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 24, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Don't think I realized how fucking good Equip Sunglasses is. That song is a jam.

Anyway, revisiting this b/c IC tweeted this video, which rules:

Kellan likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the music video for equip is probably my fav of the year.

15. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Is this new music? I feel like I didn't see any announcement

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It’s their first two EPs!

17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Oh ok I see it on Spotify, I never noticed them before. I'll have to give it a listen.

tyramail likes this.
  18. Anthony_

Their record really didn't get enough love last year. Feel like it just got lost in the shuffle with the lockdown starting literally the week after it dropped. Sucks because it's really great.

JBoch and Fletchaaa like this.
  19. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Agreed it was one of my favorites of the year.

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

They're one of the bands that really got the shit end of the stick from the timing of the pandemic. Hope they can get on some good tours to promote YBF.

Kellan likes this.
  21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

It's criminal the album doesn't even have its own thread

bedwettingcosmo and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

YBF and Charmer's Ivy got played so much during the start of the pandemic for me.

23. Anthony_

Ivy was another one that didn't get the love it deserved last year. That was my #2 album of 2020.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

it was my go to for the first few months of working from home. gonna always have that weird nostalgia attached to it.

25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

ivy never clicked w me