Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hot Hot Heat Announce Final Album; Stream “Kid Who Stays In The Picture”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hot Hot Heat will release their final album, Hot Hot Heat, on June 24th. You can stream the first single, “Kid Who Stays In The Picture,” below.

To be able to tour from 1999 to 2014 and play hundreds of shows a year was amazing. It changed all of our lives. It was the greatest experience I could ever imagine. I can relate to our fans and I respect our fans. They are the kind of people I’d hang out with. I’m proud of every single record, and of finding the ground between making it challenging and fresh, but also not being afraid to be entertaining and put on a crazy show. Every show we ever did was just a total high energy spectacle and that’s a great legacy to have.

Track Listing

1. Kid Who Stays In The Picture
    2. Modern Mind
    3. Pulling Levers
    4. Bobby Joan Sex Tape
    5. Magnitude
    6. Mayor Of The City
    7. Alaskan Midnight Sun
    8. Comeback Of The Century
    9. Sad Sad Situation
    10. The Memory’s Here

The post Hot Hot Heat Announce Final Album; Stream “Kid Who Stays In The Picture” appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

That's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

3. bencoles

GLOW ON

Figured they'd already hung it up. Nice track.

4. jco3

Regular

Always liked them. Great song. Really liked their last album Future Breeds.

5. Kaduck

Regular

Had forgotten about this group. I really enjoyed elevator music when it dropped. This is a good jam.

6. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Make up the breakdown is one of my all time favorite albums, yet I have never seen these guys. Hope they come around one last time.

7. Fox83

Trusted

I always preferred their sound on Elevator. Once they got away from that sound, I started to lose interest. I'll have to revisit their discography some time.

8. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I had a thing for these guys when Elevator came out. Haven't listened to them in a long time, but this track was pretty good. I'll definitely check it out when it's released. The singer has a very distinctive voice that you can't get anywhere else. Also I think this band fits well with the springtime.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

elevator brings me back . I hope this album lives up.

10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Bummed to hear there breaking up, excited we are getting one more record. Single is great.

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Elevator 4 lyfe! This song is great, though. Excited for the album.

12. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

New track's dope - hopefully they do a final tour in support of the album.

13. SayHello

Regular

I have always, always, always loved this band! After their last LP, it was easy to predict that this would (A) be a return to form and (B) sound like their older material. With that being said, this song is superb! Excited to hear the rest. Sad that they're calling it quits after, but hopefully they find some time to do a final North American tour before they hang it up.

14. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Damn. Now I need to go listen to Elevator.

15. Future Breeds is amazing. I love how weird they got on that album. They took a lot of chances that paid off, in my opinion. Really fun and interesting listen. Almost wish this new album was more in that vein, but I'm sure I'll enjoy a throwback record from them as well. Hope we get a final tour! I've never seen them live.

16. clockwise Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah, my favorite is Future Breeds but I love it all. Excited for this, not very hopeful for a tour though. Never managed to see them live.

17. jco3

Regular

Yeah, I love '21@21', and 'Nobody's Accusing You'. Fun stuff.

18. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Did people actually go to their shows? I remember seeing their name pop up a bunch, I just assumed they had kind of faded away. I was never into them but I definitely appreciate them for being part of the great scene of music at that time.

19. dayghost

The sweet and the bitter.

Was about to make a thread - very nifty of this site to incorporate an auto-search when creating threads!
    As you can tell from my chosen icon, I am absolutely ecstatic for this release. Future Breeds would have been a fine album to end it with, and I assumed it was their last since Steve and co were branching into doing other separate projects. One last time, huzzah!