Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The desert hunting grounds were painfully difficult until I got the legendary tearblast anchor thing. Finished it in like two seconds after that. lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. T.J.

music and baseball.

I hate having to do the hunting grounds and the tutorials. Seems redundant.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't do a single tutorial. I thought it was really dumb that they didn't automatically trigger when you completed the action. Having to have them active to count didn't make much sense to me.

billyboatman and T.J. like this.
  4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah really dumb you have to active them. I did them all though, I've got no problem wringing this game for everything it's got.

The only hunting ground one I really had trouble getting the full sun on was one of the very first ones when you have to kill them with logs, I just could not get the timing right. Eventually did it in one shot and it was the easiest thing in the world.

Killing a Thunderjaw fast was pretty hard when I couldn't get the Ravagers to follow me.

2 Corrupted Rockbreakers was insane, which is a change of subject.

billyboatman likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I literally crossed the river and shot across it. lol. They can't cross, so it worked out.

6. Vivatoto

Ha, smart. It's a pretty wide open area and I didn't see any rocks that they would stay off of so I was basically just running around like a lunatic trying to keep them apart.

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

I finished the main story and it was incredibly satisfying. Gonna start chipping away at a 100% completion. Is there a write up anywhere of the complete story? I got virtually all recordings and journal entries and stuff but I want a complete timeline of what happened.

8. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

That's what I did! Lol

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I just went back and did the first one, but I wanted a full sun on all three of them so I literally did it maybe like 10 times total or so, haha.

10. I thought I'd want to play this at least a little more after I beat it, but haven't had the urge. I still had one more Tallneck and cauldron, both in the Southwest. Figured I'd at least want to do those. I kept thinking I'd get to them once a mission brought me down to that area, but that never happened. Otherwise I did pretty much everything else outside of the hunting ground stuff, tutorials and bandit camps.

I liked the game a lot, especially the accumulating of backstory info, but I was prepared to totally love it and didn't quite get there. Fully on board for DLC and a sequel, though. Hopefully even better is in store for the franchise/Guerilla.

11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Jay Baruchel can play Teb.

It's all coming together.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

OH MY GOD I hated the log one. The grazers never moved where I wanted them too.

billyboatman likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just got to Meridian.

Loving this game.

Trying to join the hunting lodge. Just gotta kill two Ravagers now.

14. White

Just finished the game.

I can has sequel nao pls?

Cameron and Henry like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you get XP clearing corrupted zones? I'm assuming so, but I just want to double checking before I head half way across the map for it. Ha

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pretty sure you do. They're quests so I hope so.

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I just figured it out, I'm like half asleep playing. I just never did any zones before you had to do it on that main quest. So I wasn't positive.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So has anyone had issues getting specific items for particular outfits/weapons???

I'm trying to get one god damn Bellowback heart for my next stealth armor. I've killed a total of 4, and in two separate areas....no hearts.

I have the perk too where you get more items from looting.

flask likes this.
  19. White

Yeah that's all RNG bullshit. You can just buy machine parts from a dude in Meridian.

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool, I'm having the same issue, I suppose I can venture up meridian tonight finally.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Six Bellowbacks killed within the last hour....

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok cool. I'll just do that.

Really frustrating though I just wasted the last hour, and a half.

23. White

Also, just in the off chance y'all are unaware of it, you can also buy an unlimited fast travel pack in Meridian.

I'm so helpful.

billyboatman, Hayley P and GrantCloud like this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Just watched a thunder jaw decimate a few carja soldiers, I was gonna help... then nah

billyboatman likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

In addition to flying mounts I'd also like to override a snapmaw and use it as a boat

ugman_2000 and T.J. like this.