Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I don't feel I'm dominating battles because my arrows seem to do shit damage. But whatever.

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Upgrade your bows to have more break damage. #1 way to make the game a cake walk.

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'm in the same situation, I'm in the first cauldron and keep getting slaughtered.

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah I got my ass kicked for a really long time (I've got it under control now, it's all about planning). I think @Henry is just really good, haha.

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I hardly play games like this, so I'm not that good. Haha

6. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Just got to Maker's End. The story just totally gripped me

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Use Tear Blast arrows to take off components. Make sure you mark enemies and aim at the glowing parts to do damage and not just firing arrows at the body. Make sure you're using elemental arrows against components that are weak to those types.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally picking up the main quest after spending a good 10 hours on side content.

9. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I am all in on both of these narratives right now. Haven't been this immersed in a story for quite a while.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Let me know when you guys hit rockbreakers. Those were easily the most difficult enemies in the game.

11. T.J.

music and baseball.

Haven't seen any of those yet. I am playing pretty slowly. I want to 100% this game, and I am afraid of peeking at the Hidden Trophies. Lol

12. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah those things are ridiculously hard but so satisfying to take down. In the end I found climbing onto rocks which aren't too wide was my best tactic for them as that way they can't attack you from below and then try and get their feet off with tear arrows [\spoiler]

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that is basically the only approach. The only hard part from there is dodging the projectiles.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

At lv20, and I have an errand for materials that come off Thunderjaws. The one I scanned was a lv27 so I'm not gonna fux with it yet. The only enemy that still gives me trouble is the shell walker. If I run into a group of them esp.

15. Cmoney86 Mar 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2017)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

i beat the main quest like a week ago. i was only like 23 hours into it. now im near 40 hours completing all the bandit camps and the rest of the side missions. i have done almost everything in the game. im close to 60% done but thats because i have a shit ton of side missions done. i only have 3 corrupted zones left. all tall necks are done ive found all the banuks and only have 2 or 3 bandit camps left. game is still super fun. im l level 45. ive scanned all the machines and cleared all 4 cauldrons. im 62% done with trophies 34 bronze 2 silver 1 gold. good thing ive gotten so much done in the week and a half its been out. with mas effect 4 and mlb the show coming out the 21st and the 28th it will be a while before i come back to horzion once those games come out

Cameron likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah hopefully I can wrap up everything I want to do in this game befor Mass Effect.

17. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Just finished Cauldron XI and holy fucking Christbombs, what a goddamn neverending abominable shitfest. I'm terrified of what Zeta's gonna look like.

Henry likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know which one was the crab one, but it was definitely my least favorite.

19. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

That armor you unlock through the power cells is ridiculous. I went from being terrified of fighting two of those rock creatures to basically standing between them and voluntarily choosing to melee them instead of shooting arrows. It absorbs basically everything.

Henry likes this.
  20. T.J.

music and baseball.

Game (fun) breaking?

21. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I mean, it's still great fun but it definitely takes a lot of the strategy out of the fights knowing that if I get into a slugfest, I'm going to come out on top unless I'm swamped by a dozen enemies.

If I can go from feeling intimated and overawed by a huge machine to suddenly obtaining the armor and then willingly just waltzing up to it and continually beating it to death with just a spear, that's pretty telling as to how advantageous that outfit is. I'm glad that you get it towards the very end of the game otherwise there would be no reason to play stealthily, which I've predominantly done to this point.

Henry likes this.
  22. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, I enjoy playing stealthily, too. I currently have the purple stealth armor with additional stealth boosts. I don't really find the fights difficult on hard, currently, with all the traps and such available. After 30 hours, I've only died in combat like 3-5 times, so I don't feel like I need too much more help.

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Speaking of said armor, I was actually gonna ask, is it feasible to find the power cells without either consulting a walkthrough or meticulously poring over evey inch of the map like a lunatic? Like, does the game ever point you in their general direction via some kinda quest or some such crap?

24. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Unfortunately not. There's no icons on the map to represent their location or anything like that. You kind of just have to stumble across them or use a guide.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They are all in main mission locations other than the first one. If you don't have all of them before doing the final battle, look at a guide.