Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

Took on a couple of Bellowbacks by a river. Had to stop mid fight a couple times for photo mode. The fire reflecting off the water was crazy. Bellowbacks are a real pain in the ass too.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cleared all Corrupted zones, cauldrons, tallnecks, and bandit camps. Currently level 41. Gonna try clearing it before powering on my Switch.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Being able to Overdrive ever single creature is amazing.

4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally able to sink a couple hours in this afternoon, addicted so far. I think I'm definitely going to do all the side quests before the main one.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Only thing I have to do to plat is knock over gazelle statues. No idea how I'm going to find all of these.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

About four hours in now, and in love with this game. When the side quests/errands start opening up is when it really starts to take hold.

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The end of this was so fucking satisfying.

8. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I've sunk a good 8 or so hours into this today and I'm apparently only 38% complete (I've down a fair chunk of the main mission though).

I'm loving this game so much, I feel like they've managed to take the best bits from other open word games and improved on them in most area's. Like the hunting of Far Cry and the climbing of Assassins Creed. I'm especially enjoying going around hunting stuff, I do love a game where I can headshot people with a bow and arrow.

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Got a lil emotional before the proving tbh

Hayley P and Henry like this.
  10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Love the noise the tearblast arrow makes.

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

God just got on my first strider, definitely never walking again

12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I'm hoping as my override ability gets stronger I can ride some of the even bigger machines.

13. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Unfortunately you can only ride 3 machines. I really hope either through patching or through dlc that they'll add more.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't ride a single creature that wasn't needed in the story. lol

15. williek311

Going to assume one of them is not a "T-Rex" bummer.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah major disappointment that, it's just the horse like machines. If they don't bring riding other machines into this game in the future they definitely will when they make HZD2, given the disappointment most have felt.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You can take control of them tho.

18. williek311

which will be cool when I get that ablity. Enjoying this game quite a bit.

19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It was so satisfying taking down the thunderjaw in the cauldron where you learn that

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think every single cauldron was incredibly satisfying. Loved them so much. Those battles were really tough when I got to them.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  21. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Very grateful for Horizon right now. My dad passed away two Fridays ago and this game has been the only thing successful in taking my mind off of things (although my first day back at work today is trying its hardest as well) since it happened. Not that I want to avoid dealing with my feelings, but sitting there being depressed all my waking hours wasn't any good either. I'm at level 25 now and am enjoying some of the side missions now.

What level are you guys playing on? I'm just doing Normal, which I find to be plenty challenging enough for me when my level matches the recommended level for the missions I'm doing. Going back and doing a level 8 mission @ level 25 is obviously cake though.

22. I haven't yet either. It doesn't seem to take that long to move across the map by foot, though I'm still probably fairly early in the game.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i Played on hard and don't think I died in combat outside of rockbreakers. My god i hate those.

24. So this game is hype huh? I just started playing the Bioshock collection, but I might put Bioshock 2 and Infinite on hold after hearing all the praise for this.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I bought blast bombs for my Carja Sling, but it won't equip them into my ammo pouch?? I thought maybe I had to upgrade my pouch for the sling, but it still won't let me use them....