Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you've beaten the game already, you'll notice that a certain character you maybe shouldn't trust is still prevalent in the dlc.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Sylens?

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just beat the main story in Frozen Wilds. Loved it.

Now I need to dispatch of the elite squads of fireclaws

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Kinda disappointed the only cauldron was attached to the main quest. Though it was awesome.

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m to mission “firebreak”, am I getting close to the end of the expansion? If so, I might just try collect the pigment and animal figurines before I press onward.

6. tdlyon Dec 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2017)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Playing the entire game for the first time and I also have Frozen Wilds installed, when story-wise would be best to play the expansion? I've heard it takes place before the ending.

I just finished the mission where you have to sneak into the Eclipse camp and climb up the tallneck to disable their Focuses, but you get attacked by Hades and have to flee the camp. Next mission is called "Deep Secrets of the Earth"

Cameron likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly wouldn't recommend it until right before the last mission with stats maxed out and the best armor. Its fucking tough.

tdlyon, GrantCloud and Jake W like this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Does it make sense there storywise though? I'm not above lowering the difficulty if it gets too hard lol

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Frozen Wilds was way harder than the main game. And it has a completely different story. It's a bit weird that it's set before the end game but you quickly get used to it. Definitely wait to play FW.

tdlyon likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol alright will do, thanks

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How much left do I have left in the main story? Just went into the mountain and learned the truth about Aloy's origins after going back to the first area and saving the Nora from the attack Feel like it's getting pretty close to the end

This game is so fucking fun, I don't do a lot of side quests when I play a lot of open world games but something about this one just makes me want to do all of them. Finished all of the hunting grounds and bandit camps tonight, probably gonna finish the corrupted areas tomorrow too

The story is genuinely fantastic too, I had no idea what this game was really about until I played it, I thought it was gonna be a lot more simplistic than it is but there are some really heavy and relevant themes done extremely well

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. flask

Trusted Supporter

I dont remember where you are tbh but I do know once I hit that point I just could not stop playing main story missions. The way the story unfolds and you learn about what happened to Earth is so compelling.

tdlyon likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Just beat the main game this past weekend. Was thinking about starting Deus Ex (since its free on Plus), and then going back to play Frozen Wilds.

But from what you're all saying, it seems super tough. Might not be a good idea to play something else and forget the controls lol.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

p sure im on the last mission of frozen wilds so im just gonna find all the bluegleam

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

About 3/4ths thru this.
    God damn is it good. Gonna try and finish the main story tmrw.

16. drewinseries

Drew

Just popping in to say I slept on this game for far too long. I'm mainly a PC player, but I have a ps4 for exclusives and should have played this way earlier. Got the edition with Frozen Wilds for 14.99.

About an hour past The Proving and I am so interested in this games lore.

T.J., Davjs, Jake W and 2 others like this.
  17. Transient_Hymn

prob my favorite game since the Last of Us
    Got me back into gaming

Davjs likes this.
  18. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I really need to go back and finish this...really enjoyed the game minus combat.

19. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Attempting to 100% Frozen Wilds is the reason I didn't start Red Dead on release day. I've got 145+ hours on my current save. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of this game. I could never get into Killzone, but this really connected with me.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I loved this game, agree it's the best since The Last of Us.

Never got around to playing Frozen Wilds. Story wise, is it a must play before the sequel you guys think or is it not very impacting? It has to take place before the climax of the game right?

21. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It fleshes out the main story a teeny bit, but you could get away with not playing I suppose. That said, you should definitely play it because it's really fun. It is also very difficult, even with higher level characters, but that just make it all the more rewarding.

22. Davjs

Trusted

I would like that, because I felt after I got all powered up, the last part of the game was pretty easy.

23. Transient_Hymn

What didn’t you like about the combat?
    I think the tactics of combat put it above most other open world action games for me

Cameron and Davjs like this.
  24. Transient_Hymn

Also really wish I would have actually used herbs and potions earlier.
    Would have saved me from a lot of ice / lightning deaths. Lol

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is the only game I've gotten platinum lol. Really easy. I can't decide if this or GoW are the best since TLoU but the lore in this game is sooooooo good. As the game progresses and you start finding out what happened to humanity its just incredible.

Davjs, kupe and Transient_Hymn like this.