Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

dang i really wanna finish the story lol

2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Pretty much assumed I was at the end of the story when I took a break (to play Mass Effect/I like taking breaks at the end of games) but it just keeps going, which is just so great, I'm so use to games not telling complete stories (coughmasseffect) and saving it all for sequels the answer overload is so refreshing. Now that I have most of the answers to the important questions I can confidently say this is one of the best video game stories ever/best post-apocalypse stories.

Cameron, lightning13 and RobbieBerns like this.
  4. So, I just finished Bioshock (late, I know) and have been wanting to play this next. Looked it up on Amazon, and they're offering $10 off with Prime plus free one-day shipping, so I pulled the trigger. Looking forward to playing it this weekend!

Cameron and lightning13 like this.
  5. So, literally dumped like 20hrs of my weekend into this game, and I'm having a blast. I'm somewhere around level 23-25ish, and I'm spending most of my time doing side quests.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Story: Finally found out about Aloy's origin, Project Zero Dawn, GAIA, Hades, and Rost's story. Really great and interesting stuff and I'm definitely near the end of the game now.

Hunter's Lodge: The thundermaw and stormbird bosses were tough. It felt rewarding to beat them. Now I have to find Talanah and Ahsis since they went to Redmaw. I'm nervous hahaha.

Cameron and Vivatoto like this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That Hunter lodge quest was real cool. Don't think I'll ever have the patience to get all blazing suns for the weapons tho

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Got to the summit where Gaia prime self destructed. Fuck Ted.

flask likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just finished. Easy GOTY contender.

Got some slight The Last of Us vibes when Aloy found the overgrown farm/sobek body.

GrantCloud and RobbieBerns like this.
  10. Driving2theBusStation May 1, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2017)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Just took down two Rockbreakers at once, w00t!

How did you like Bioshock?

11. I thought it was great. Took a while to get used to it and I was getting owned by Big Daddies at first, but once you get more plasmids and better weapons it becomes a lot of fun. I got the Bioshock collection, so I still have Bioshock 2 and Infinite to play, but I've heard 2 wasn't the best.

12. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Both 2 and Infinite might be a letdown in regards to narrative, but lots of fans feel like 2 has the best gameplay of the entire series, and Infinite arguably has the most impressive graphics and immersion.

13. Ah ok, good to know. I'll get to them at some point. I'm just having a lot of fun sinking my teeth into Horizon.

14. Driving2theBusStation May 1, 2017
    (Last edited: May 2, 2017)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

At risk of sounding redundant, this game is gorgeous:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  16. Finished the game last night. Logged about 61 hours. Completed all the quests, hunter's lodge trials, maxed out at lvl 50, and collected all the collectibles. Didn't get all the data points, but I'm ok with that. I got all the trophies for the game too, which has never happened for me.

Overall, it was one of the most rewarding video game experiences I've had. Glad to know Death Stranding will be running on the same game engine.

Cameron likes this.
  17. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Just finished the game, and damn, what a game. I absolutely loved the main quests story, especially the ending.

Cameron and Vivatoto like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The ending was seriously perfect. Just imagine sitting next to your own dead body encased in a power armor suite .

PatRFinley and Vivatoto like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Started this a week ago and decided I was far enough along to read through this thread. I like the movie casting choices people threw out, but no one mentioned how Russell Crowe has to be Rost.

Edit: Also Judi Dench as Matriarch Teersa

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Finally started playing this again after a long break last night. Pretty far into the game and about level 30. Have a bunch of side quests left, but enjoying focusing on the main storyline for the moment.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Agame with DLC I'm actually excited for!

23. drewinseries

Drew

Once I get into my new apartment and get everything set up, i'm going to get this. Really excited.

24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Betty White as Teersa >

25. Davjs

Trusted

Hmmm, I could see that too. She already kinda dressed for the part in The Proposal lol.

[​IMG]

Judi can play one of the others. Maybe the one who is always naysaying everything.