Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. T.J.

music and baseball.

I feel like some of these comments warrant a spoiler, tbh. Anyways...

Was anyone really as surprised as Sylens was when they found out who Aloy's mother was? lol I thought it was pretty obvious.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Did Cauldron RHO tonight, being a level 41 though it was kind of a cakewalk, haha. I would have done them sooner but I honestly forgot about that part of the game.

T.J. likes this.
  3. T.J.

music and baseball.

This game plus The Wire, man, Lance Reddick knows how to play characters that annoy me. haha

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol Fringe too

5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I just love when you hit level 50 and you have all the skills. You just feel like a badass. Especially if you set up mods right. Kill shit so quickly. Aloy is a badass.

Can I say that I also enjoyed the naming of characters. Kinda cool, Aloy, Sylens, Sona, Teb etc.

6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I still don't feel like I"m taking down things with ease, maybe I just suck. I'm also only level 35 or so.

7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Get the tearblast and rip shit off them. Fire arrows triple knocked. Boom. Maybe ropecast them in a radius.

Fire arrows are probably the sickest. Three 40 plus firemods on the shadow hunter bow.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Love how my hardpoint arrow has more tear than my sharpshot bow, I usually start with the hard point then once it knocks a component off I switch to the sharpshot.

9. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Not typically a Trophy Hunter, but this game just made me want it. Only other games to make me do this was Doom and Far Cry.

Henry likes this.
  10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Also, once you get the Shield-Weaver outfit, get ready to just absolutely destroy everything no matter the difficulty setting. All I do is melee constantly - there's no need to do any ranged anymore.

11. T.J.

music and baseball.

I just 100% completed the game. The lack of a real boss fight was disappointing. Helis and Hades. Super easy game.

Henry and billyboatman like this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

End of game comment: That cliffhanger... for DLC or sequel?

13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I got it
    Imgur Image

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Hopefully sequel.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

lightning13 likes this.
  16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

lol the cashier was like, mumbling "i can't wait for the sequel", i was like "???" in my head lol. and i think he realized he was kind of spoiling something for me, he just got so excited cause he loved the game.

17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haha, hopefully he didn't spoil anything. But it does set up the end for something super interesting, that I think could warrant a sequel, not just DLC.

Plenty of tips and tricks in this thread, don't be afraid to ask. Have fun, the game is amazing. One of the best I've played in years.

lightning13 likes this.
  18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Sequel needs to go west to Nevada/California. I need to fight a robosquid.

PatRFinley and billyboatman like this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

What about a huge robomammoth

20. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

that's really great to hear. i look forward to starting it.

billyboatman likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Definitely my thought as well

22. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

With how well this game did from a critical and from a sales standpoint I'd be surprised if Sony didn't get Guerilla on the phone to fast track a sequel

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

I am kind of sad that I have no interest in going back to this game. They should have made some mode types for just pointlessly killing machines or something.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

already really enjoying this and can't wait to go through it. very happy. interesting characters and story, and side quests, fairly easy gameplay, lovely setting, impressive graphics, and fun exploration. it's been a little bit since I've enjoyed something like this. def gives off the good mix of tomb raider and far cry that I like. glad I picked up this up so soon.

ugman_2000, Cameron and T.J. like this.
  25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Finished The Proving and I'm in the Sacred Mountain now. I was expecting Rost to die, but it still hurts.

Vivatoto likes this.