Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games; 2017) Video Game • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Cameron, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It felt to me like there was a lot of worry because of what became of the tech. I'd be reluctant too tbh. The only people who were really taking advantage of any tech were all bad guys.

Vivatoto likes this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Should I be selling all these "ancient" items I'm getting. Also I'm like 50% through the game and have yet to use a freeze/shock arrow.

billyboatman and GrantCloud like this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

About forty five hours in and maybe 55 percent complete? God I haven't been this invested in a game in a LONG time.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Same it's magical.

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Took out my first Thunderjaw, and Stormbird. Thunderjaw wasn't too hard. Just used tear for the big parts, and the disc launcher came in handy.

The Stormbird was a bitch.

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

What main quest are you at? I'm at one called "To Curse The Darkness"

Im on my last bandit camp with Nil right now, I figured to finish those as you get a ridiculous amount of shards when you open all the crates

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I'm just wrapping up a majority of my Meridian side quests, and then I'm back onto the main. I think I'm still on the quest where I have to talk to Errand about his sister.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also carja blast sling with modded with 75% total damage is the bees knees

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah my blast sling was the main reason I was able to take out that Stormbird.

10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I can't recommend getting all the cauldrons done asap enough. Overriding the big ones is the best. Especially if you're just trying to get past them for certain areas.

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually haven't gotten any further than the second one (Sigma I think), but I was gonna start to knock those out tomorrow.

I just got all the tallnecks completed, that last one I feel like would have been a massacre of me if I hadn't stealth killed my way to it, haha.

12. T.J.

music and baseball.

It definitely makes the game easier. I am kind of displeased with the difficulty of this game. I am playing on hard and I don't really die that much, but I do exhaust a ton of meds. I also don't ever feel forced to try different play styles. I have done all the hunting trials, but outside of that, there are some techniques and weapons I don't use at all. I am wondering if its due to my pace and simply out-leveling the competition before I arrive.

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Since upgrading my weapons the only four I have used the last week or so has probably been the shadow tripcaster, hunter bow, sharpshot bow, and blast sling. But I haven't felt the urge to have to switch any of them out either as they seem to fair pretty evenly up against most of the machines so far.

14. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, that's pretty much the setup I have been using. I haven't wavered much from the first three. I was testing out the War Bow, but now I am using the Blast Sling.

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ropecaster guys. Ropecaster.

RobbieBerns and GrantCloud like this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoops, that's actually what I meant instead of the tripcaster. Rope caster and bomb sling is a dangerous combo.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

billyboatman likes this.
  18. flask

Trusted Supporter

All knowledge of the past was lost when Ted Faro destroyed Apollo.

19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I really hope they make a sequel. It's rare you get a full game without having to buy all kinds of excess shit these days. Took me 74 hours to 100% this game. That's money well spent IMO.

20. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Doesn't mean shit can't get re-invented, especially when they have the resources to do so.

21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Not when they're all that primitive. The game shows some of the more advanced groups and even they are barely tapping into the tech..?

22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Doesn't it mention in the story that this isn't something new. That it's been a cycle for like 1000 or more years of them coming back and dying off again? (humans)

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Yeah, which I think is weird. They already have both electricity and lamps, but no one in over a century (or maybe a millennium, can't remember) has thought to combine them.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

It's all magic to them for all they know. Sylens is the only one who has learned about things like math and physics afaik.

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

Got the platinum. Now back to whatever I was doing with my life before this game came out.