Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hopesfall Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by canvasofwinter, Nov 14, 2016.

1. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

Hopesfall reunited! They're writing a new album and releasing it on Equal Vision next year.

News – hopesfall

I'm more excited for this than I have been for any other reunion except maybe Thursday. This was/is an amazing band that stopped in their prime, and Magnetic North is a Top 10 album for me. 2016 has been a weird year in a lot of ways, but it's a hell of a year for music.

beachdude likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Here for it. So many great reunions in the last couple years!

canvasofwinter likes this.
  3. I haven't listened to these guys in a looong time. It's probably been since A Types was released.

4. canvasofwinter

Just ordered all 3 of the vinyls.

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This is amazing news, they were so ahead of their time with the whole 90s grunge/alt/space rock influence in their sound, particularly on Magnetic North.

6. beachdude

Yeah I definitely need to listen to these guys more, I think I've only heard one album.

7. TheBaroness

This thread made me listen to A-Types for the first time in at least 5 years and it's quite incredible how well it stands up - in fact, it still sounds so fresh that it could have been released by an EVR band last week. Also copped all three of those vinyl reissues and now my wallet hurts but I am happy.

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh wow, wasn't expecting that, I'll keep an eye out

9. canvasofwinter

I'd be really interested to see what you think. I love everything they've done, but they were sort of melodic hardcore initially, and then they mellowed out and got more experimental with A-Types and Magnetic North. I think you'd be into a lot of it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Crisp X Apr 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 30, 2017)

Some important points I will summarize :
    - Record's not done yet but they hope to release it this year.
    - It's been in the works since as far as 2009.
    - 4 songs seem to be finished, with 6 more to go.
    - They don't come up with full fledged songs before practice or even before going to the studio, they all just jam and exchange riffs and parts, hence the delay.
    - Adam Morgan, the drummer, started playing bowling and hockey (I think ?) with the guitarists in 2009, then they would play music after that, just for fun. This is basically how the new album started. They didn't know at the time if it would be for Hopesfall due to the hiatus.
    - Jay lives far away from the rest of the band which makes it difficult to write, and record stuff. He usually comes in after the instrumental parts are nearly 100 % done.
    - As far as what we can expect direction wise : "It is right somewhere between Satellites Years and A-Types. Big melodic riffs that tend to be on the darker side, with the spacey atmospheric kind of tone linking it all together." He compares it to Deftones. Vocally, from what he's heard, it's a good mixture of really melodic singing, and there's even some agressive vocals on few songs. He mentions the fact that there are so many members that played on the band, and that with this line up, it makes for an interesting combo because they all played with each others during different eras.

TheBaroness likes this.
  11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Want to hear new songs so bad!

12. milogoestoprison

new album, Arbiter, is up for pre-order on iTunes.

awakeohsleeper and stars143 like this.
  13. TheBaroness

oh shit! I was just wondering the other day what had become of this. The new song picks up right where Magnetic North left off but with slightly more polished vocals and much better production. The guitar tones and leads are awesome. I am hyped.

Release date looks to be 13 July

14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this new song is an absolute bop

15. Where's the new song?

16. oh, it's on Spotify. nice!

17. I dig the new song.

18. this song ruuuules

stars143 likes this.
  19. stars143

Trusted

Whoah.

I wonder what the title means... What does Henry Wallace have to do with space?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

Here for it. July release apparently.

21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Definitely seems like they've kept the naming humour of Magnetic North, lmao. Then again it could have some meaning I'm missing

22. beachdude

God damn, that song is GOOD.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. i can't stop listening to this song!

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Nice production on this song. Reminds me a bit of newer Norma Jean stuff.