Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hopesfall - Arbiter (July 13th, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by austingordon, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

To Bloom is a freaking jam

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Never really listened to this band before, but enjoyed this on first listen. It did seem to blend together some, but it was just one listen while I was working.

Connor likes this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Go listen to The Satellite Years and Magnetic North

4. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

After the first 3 tracks I was thinking this would've been massive had it been released 10-15 years ago. I cooled on it a little after that, because it does get a little samey, but it's great and one of the better reunion/revival albums from the scene. Still can't get enough "H.A. Wallace Space Academy."

5. xthricex

Regular

Love seeing this album’s thread and Thrice’s next to each other when scrolling down the forum. Would have loved a Thrice / Hopesfall tour instead of what we got.

6. bobbyblakem

Self indulgent story for a second:

I met Josh from being part of the beer industry here in Charlotte, and Adam through instagram because we're both big vinyl collectors. Both super good guys and both have been pretty supportive of my music the past several years.

I got a call from Josh last year asking if I could help them out tracking some guitar parts that didn't get recorded during their trip up to NY to track everything. I've always done a lot of recording so I had the gear from my mobile rig ready to go. I took it over to Dustin's house and we spent a solid evening chatting about gear and recording guitar parts. Though what we were tracking to was an unmixed/unmastered version, I knew this record was going to be something special. It just had the right feel. It felt like Hopesfall but a more mature, refined version of the band. Having the final product delivered this week and getting to see a special thanks in the liner notes was pretty surreal. I'm a little bit younger than those guys so I grew up going to see them play. I always viewed them as this huge band, and I never thought I'd be able to help out on a new Hopesfall record.

All that being said, this is a really great record. I'm so proud of these guys, and I'm so excited for everyone to get to hear it.

7. Tracks 2, 5, 8, and 9 are my favorites on first listen.

Connor likes this.
  8. Kmil

Trusted

Woah wtf a new Hopesfall album, never thought I would see another one from them. Excited to dive into this.

Connor likes this.
  9. Kmil

Trusted

My one thought after going through this album once is that "To Bloom", is fucking amazing.

Connor and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. I'm crying just thinking about the unreal thought that I'm gonna listen to a new Hopesfall album in only a few hours.

Connor and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I couldn't get into any of the songs released to this point. Kind of a bummer considering how much I love Satellite Years and Frailty of Words.

12. strangeterrain

Regular

Really interested to see the set lists from this weekend. Gotta be a trip going through the catalogue and picking which songs to play.

I never saw Hopesfall back in the day. (Stupidly left early on the tour with Underoath, The Chariot, Hopesfall, and Fear Before.) What were their staples? I imagine The Bending, End of an Era, Icarus?

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Did you like any of the stuff they released after those two? To me, this album is more a progression from the sound of Magnetic North, so I could understand if you wouldn’t be as into it if you’re mostly looking for the hardcore stuff.

14. beachdude

Been meaning to comment, but yeah this album absolutely rules. To Bloom is probably my favorite track so far, but the album is very consistent.

Connor, Nate_Johnson and thedrudo like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think I remember being so on the fence about the way A Types sounded that I didn't listen to anything beyond it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

I think you’d probably like Magnetic North a lot more than A Types, it’s a much better record imo. They combined the alternative rock influences of A Types with much more post-hardcore based instrumentation and heaviness... Jay’s vocal performance is pretty reminiscent of Worship and Tribute-era Glassjaw. Honestly I’m leaning towards Magnetic North still being better than Arbiter (at least for now)... I think it’s more dynamic.

17. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I really love Bradley Fighting Vehicle and To Bloom

It’s a solid release. So happy they are back making music.

Connor and beachdude42 like this.
  18. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

A Types and MN are great.

19. "To Bloom" is just amazing

20. atlas

Trusted

Finally listening to this, been unable to check the leak since I’ve been on the road but this just fuckin rules

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this album ROCKS

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It really does. Done three full listens now and really love it.

Connor likes this.
  23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is a pleasant surprise. Excellent album from start to finish. "Tunguska" sounds like 2003 and I love it.

Connor likes this.
  24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This album is everything I want from a Hopesfall album and more. It’s so heavy and spacey, and the leads and vocal melodies are so on point - nostalgia aside, I can see this ending up as their best record.

25. DeRRek

Trusted

Album is class. Love it! Glad they’re back!