Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hopesfall - Arbiter (July 13th, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by austingordon, Apr 11, 2018.

1. austingordon Apr 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2018)
    austingordon

your local curmudgeon

[​IMG]

Release Date: 7/13/18
    Record Label: Graphic Nature/Equal Vision Records

Tracklist:

1. Faint Object Camera
    2. H.A. Wallace Space Academy
    3. Bradley Fighting Vehicle
    4. C.S. Lucky-One
    5. I Catapult
    6. Tunguska
    7. Aphelion
    8. Drowning Potential
    9. To Bloom
    10. Indignation and the Rise of the Arbiter

Pre-order link:
    Hopesfall

bradsonemanband and beachdude42 like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Single is a JAM

CSWAPPO and jorbjorb like this.
  3. :hearteyes:

CSWAPPO likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Gonna throw on the satellite years now

CSWAPPO likes this.
  5. strangeterrain

Regular

New songs great. Very happy to have some Hopesfall back in my life. (Bummed the vinyl already sold out though.)

6. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

So good!

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Was just thinking about these dudes. Love the new song! Cannot wait.

8. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Only downside is having to wait three months for this to drop (especially when the album was done last year). Boo long rollouts. Going to take all my willpower to keep from overplaying the single until then.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. strangeterrain

Regular

Anybody seen a high res version of the H.A. Wallace single artwork? (Or the album artwork?)

10. duffe

I Want To Be There

Wow that new song is good.

11. jciswhatis Apr 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2018)
    jciswhatis

So Adam (drummer) was on a podcast and discussed the history of how the reunion and everything came to be. Pretty interesting.

For those that are curious about the title of the album: Adam said when they first got back together they were adamant that Hopesfall would not be the name they release it under because they were all just done with that and wanted to be something new or at least just a new era type of thing. So the name they were gonna use was Arbiter. But then when they did 4 demos with Watts he got Equal Vision onboard under one condition, that they release it as Hopesfall.

Pretty interesting listen just because Adam left the band before A Types so he knows most of the history since he stayed friends with them but didn't really get into the deep shit of the break up or the Trustkill issues. Just mentioned the same thing that has already been mentioned about them cutting a song off of Magnetic North without telling any of the band members.

Still got 25 minutes left, will edit this if anything worth mentioning comes up.

Edit: Want to play some shows but aren't sure how it will work out but they have discussed it. Said they are kind of waiting to see what kind of demand there is after the album comes out. (Seems weird since the Pre-Order sold out in the first day.)

/Hypesfall should have been my username with all the hype I'm doing for this in this thread.

12. jciswhatis

Not sure why but price for the digital copy just dropped from 9.99 to 7.99 on their pre-order page. Might be a mistake so grab it up if you are on the edge. I'm still waiting to see if they offer more bundles since all the others sold out.

Arbiter : EVR0 : Hopesfall

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The cover art makes me think of Pokemon!

The podcast sounds interesting, particularly that they didn't want to use the Hopesfall name. Where was it posted? I'd like to listen myself.

14. jciswhatis

Topicocalypse by Humannequin Media on Apple Podcasts Download past episodes or subscribe to future episodes of Topicocalypse by Humannequin Media for free. itunes.apple.com

Topicocalypse Podcast if that link doesn't work. My issue is that the interviewers really don't know the history of Hopesfall or the emo screamo scene of that time. Lot of times where I'm cringing like seriously that's the dumbest shit you could say right now.

Like when they talk about bands and they ask Adam if he was into Hawthorn Heights and he kind of draws out a nooooooooo

lol

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. stars143

Trusted

^ best part of that is learning that a bunch of the members work at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. Definitely the best brewery in Charlotte, IMO.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. jciswhatis

17. stars143

Trusted

Ugh - going to be out of town when they're in Charlotte... :-/

18. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Surprised at how quickly that NYC show sold out. They'll probably add another one on the 15th.

19. TerrancePryor

Aaaaaaand they added another show in the city.

20. jciswhatis

CDs and Cassetes and new vinyl color are up. All extremely limited runs.
    Hopesfall

21. atlas

Trusted

Thanks for the heads up! No idea why they've made everything so limited so far

22. jciswhatis

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Trustkill is still finding a way to fuck them over.

23. TerrancePryor

Trustkill stopped operations in 2010. Grabelle sold the label and walked away.

24. jciswhatis

I thought he started a new label and that label has some of the same bands as Trustkill?

From Wiki:
    In 2010 president/A&R Josh Grabelle left Trustkill Records and started a new label called Bullet Tooth Records.[3] The label's distributor still holds the rights to all of the albums released through the label and will still continue to print Trustkill releases and use the Trustkill logo. Since it is unlikely that their distributor will continue to sign new bands and print new releases, Trustkill is considered to be a defunct label.[3] Many of the bands that were signed to the label at this time were re-signed to Bullet Tooth including Memphis May Fire and Most Precious Blood.

25. MrDaveH

Regular

Wow. I did not expect to see a new Hopesfall....ever..

Loved Magnetic North and the single here sounds pretty good.
    Definitely keeping an ear out!

bradsonemanband likes this.