Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hopeless Records Announces New Compilation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hopeless Records has announced the 30th anniversary of their Hopelessly Devote to You series. Today they’ve shared The Wonder Years covering Thrice’s “Deadbolt” and Point North covering Avenged Sevenfold’s “Unholy Confessions.”

Hopeless Records is celebrating 30 years of independent music in a big way. Today, the California-based label announces one of their most special projects to date: a massive cover series where members of their current roster put their own spin on the label’s most-iconic hits to date. The series sees modern day Hopeless Records artists like The Wonder Years, Bayside, PVRIS, Stand Atlantic, and more cover hits from the likes of Avenged Sevenfold, Thrice, Yellowcard, All Time Low, The Used, Neck Deep, and more!

The Wonder Years “Deadbolt” (Thrice) 
    Point North “Unholy Confessions” (Avenged Sevenfold)
    NOAHFINNCE “I Miss Having Sex But At Least I Don’t Wanna Die Anymore” (Waterparks)
    Pinkshift “Knead” (Illuminati Hotties)
    Bayside “Aside” (The Weakerthans)
    LØLØ “Vicious Love” (New Found Glory)
    Sincere Engineer “I Hate Myself” (88 Fingers Louie)
    TX2 “Cry” (The Used)
    Sweet Pill “There, There” (The Wonder Years)
    Scene Queen “Best Thing (That Never Happened)” (We Are The In Crowd)
    Hey Violet x Jayden Seeley “Hang You Up” (Yellowcard)
    Illuminati Hotties “December” (Neck Deep)
    Fame on Fire “Dear Maria, Count Me In” (All Time Low)
    PVRIS x Stand Atlantic “Good Mood” (DE'WAYNE)
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos and other embedded content.

2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Somehow, I think Bayside covering The Weakerthans makes perfect sense.

benschuyler likes this.
  3. Alex DiVincenzo

BrokeHorrorFan.com

TWY's Thrice cover goes hard

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

It really does. I’ve been listening to it nonstop. They did great.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

That TWY cover of "Deadbolt" is SO good.

6. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

That Unholy Confessions cover deserves some love two, both songs were great today

7. IATAvalanche

Regular

scene queen -_-

8. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

sweet pill doing there, there should be good. they were a great opener on that GG anniversary tour for TWY.

9. gbuffers

England.

Wow that Deadbolt cover is something I never expected and never knew I needed

10. punkermd

Regular

Had no idea, it was a thing, was a killer nugget on my release radar. I was in my car saying out loud "what is happening?" "wait, what?" lol good times!

11. Blazecc

Newbie Supporter

TWY being the only act to show up on both covering and covered sides of this project really says something about them IMO