Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hop Along Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by G. Jordan Norris, Apr 2, 2016.

1. G. Jordan Norris

Unbelievable band. Caught them opening for Modest Mouse three times in 2015.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

love love love the last few records, the speedy/two inch tour is going to be great

G. Jordan Norris likes this.
  3. _unproductive

Regular

Painted Shut was one of my favorite albums from last year.

4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Even though I didn't listen to it much, Painted Shut was one of my faves from last year.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Both records are awesome but one of the things that got me into them was seeing them live. The live version of "Laments" is MASSIVE

6. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Seeing them in May with Speedy Ortiz.

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Probably the best band currently making music.

8. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Have listened to Painted Shut with an alarming amount of frequency since the end of last year and get just as into it each time. Hoping to see them when they tour w/ Speedy Ortiz next month.

musicfan9795 and Meerkat like this.
  9. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Just bought tickets for May 10 in Asbury Park. Don't know any Speedy Ortiz but pumped about Hop Along.

10. cwhit

Listen to Major Arcana now.
    Also listen to Two Inch Astronaut too

11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

can't believe i didn't start this thread already! love this band so much
    i wanna see them again this year. maybe pick up that press of Freshman Year, back when the band was Frances' solo project, Hop Along Queen Ansleis

12. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

I saw them open for mwY on the Catch for Us the Foxes 10 year tour. I was instantly hooked. Frances is my favorite vocalist, and her lyrics kill, and they write excellent rock songs.

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Also saw this band on the mewithoutYou 10 year tour, and have loved them since. I remember buying Get Disowned, walking away, then awkwardly walking up to Frances and saying "Hey, I'm socially awkward, will you sign this?". Haha Also have the white/pink haze Painted Shut vinyl, which I just learned is now worth $100+ now. So that's cool.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone seen them on this tour yet? Who's going on first, Hop Along or Speedy Ortiz?

Youarcade likes this.
  15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I believe Speedy plays first, but they might switch it up every night

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I saw it last night and Speedy played first.

17. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I wish this was coming near me, Speedy is coming next month but not with Hop Along. Still going of course considering Speedy Ortiz is like my favorite band right now and they always bring solid support.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It was a really really great show. I hadn't seen Hop Along since Painted Shut came out and they've really stepped up their live show. Not that it wasn't always great.

Speedy and Two Inch also had great sets, was shocked at how much I enjoyed them.

19. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

In anticipation of seeing them in Philly I've finally gotten around to listening to Get Disowned and I'll be damned this might be even better than Painted Shut

20. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Speedy came on first. I liked them well enough, but I really think Hop Along blew them away.

21. cwhit

holy shit this band covering "the hills" live is everything

22. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

This band is my biggest hope for music

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

They killed it starting from their first song last night (The Knock) and just kept KILLING IT the whole night, god bless Hop Along. And Joe was a surprisingly energetic guitar player considering what he was playing, he just had it down pat. the interplay between the whole band was excellent, rhythm section was tight, guitars seemed to be winding in and out of each other, Frances has an excellent voice etc...god they were so good.
    Alex G and Built To Spill were also fantastic, this was an absolutely stacked show. Doug is a monster guitar player, a wizard

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

SayHello likes this.
  25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Freshman Year doesn't have the highs of Get Disowned or Painted Shut but it's a really cool document of the early days of this band and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't listened to it since Hop Along might be the best band in the world or whatever. y'know

Repeating Arms and AndrewSoup like this.