Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Homeshake - Fresh Air (February 3, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Joel, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

1. Hello Welcome
    2. Call Me Up
    3. Not U
    4. Every Single Thing
    5. Wrapping Up
    6. Getting Down Pt II (He's Cooling Down)
    7. Timing
    8. TV Volume
    9. Khmlwugh
    10. Fresh Air
    11. Serious
    12. So She
    13. This Way
    14. Signing Off

used to be part of Mac Demarco's band, now makes cool bedroom r&b. record is out and it's super dope
    RIYL: old Toro Y Moi and Autre Ne Veut maybe?

Contender likes this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

brandon_260 likes this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Will check!

Will check anything said in the same breath as Autre Ne Veut tbh.

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

that was a bit of a reach (thinking his release on OESB more than anything) but hell yeah

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Checked it this morning and it's really cool. It's got the same chill vibes as Mac (I probably wouldn't have drawn this comparison otherwise though), but it's a lot more atmospheric.

Joel likes this.
  6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

For such a laid back record there are some great pop hooks in there, glad u enjoyed

7. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Homeshake doing what he does best. This album is so fucking good, basically perfecting his sound at this point. Track 2, 3, 4 - those are my favorite 3 consecutive songs on an album in a long time.

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed, than run of songs is so good. Really need to check out Midnight Snack

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

10. I enjoy this album quite a bit, really great atmospheric/noodly stuff to throw on while cooking or relaxing haha

Joel likes this.
  11. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I went to grab Girlpool and my local record shop ended up having this, was pretty shocked as they don't have many low profile releases but was very glad and grabbed both

Still come back to this quite a bit

12. Collins

Trusted

Been listening to this a lot recently. Love the whole thing all the way through but TV Volume and khmlwugh are two of my highlights. This record is so great to just space out with and get lost in the groove

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Not to diminish it in anyway but I'd say it's best enjoyed on a loungey afternoon

14. Collins

Trusted

I can see that absolutely. I put together a playlist with this, The Walters, Summer Salt and some other "easy listening" type of stuff that I find is great for just hanging around the house or chill drives.

I feel like easy listening has a negative connontation but i'm not sure how else to describe this hahaha