Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Homeland (Showtime) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 26, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Great finale.

RIP Quinn but it was definitely time for him to go. I hope the writers can refrain from introducing a new romantic interest for Carrie. Definitely intrigued by the stealth repositioning of Keane to a Trump-esque villain. Please don't fuck it up.

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah this season was definitely a step up from the last few and next season could be really great.

3. domotime2 Apr 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2017)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

yea great 2nd half of the season and with that finale... im finally re-excited for the next season. Good job show..

and yea bye Quinn :(

4. domotime2

AV club has been shitting on this entire season... i feel like they cant got over the first few slow episodes. Like they gave the finale a D+?! haha damn

5. RonandTammy

Regular

Yea hey, spoiler maybe.

Since it's out of the bag, who killed him?

6. domotime2

Nah you gotta watch. Sorry I tagged it out

7. RonandTammy

Regular

For sure.

I'm hoping Saul finally turned out to be who we all expect him to be!

8. Great season overall.

RIP Quinn. He went out like a hero :(. The re-positioning of Keane, as someone above put it, felt kind of sudden but is also interesting. I don't know what the production schedule for this is like, but I'm wondering if the ending was inspired by our current political climate.

Here's what showrunner Alex Gansa had to say about the final 2 seasons, which he plans to tell as one story.

9. domotime2

hmmm.... that sounds a little annoying to hear haha. They don't know where they're going with this? Is that what i'm reading?

10. congruence

Got a light?

The guy who wrote it seems to be biased, that whole review essentially criticized the politics of the show simply because he didn't agree with them.

Overall, enjoyed the finale and the season, thought there was only one season left though which I wouldn't mind at this point but I'm sure I'll watch both

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I've been binging the new season pretty hard the past few days. 2 episodes left. Claire and Rupert both deserve emmys. Also, I'm starting to hate Dar more than Joffrey or Ramsay from GoT.

12. Accidentally read that spoiler and haven't started this season. I've been stalling on starting it for long though.

13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Everything with Quinn in episode 11 was so fucking sad.

14. Feb. 11th

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Feels kinda weird that they’re trying to get us to root for an Alex Jones analogue

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

how the fuck is this show still existing

SpyKi, Brent, kbeef2 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Forgot this premiered last night.

Brent likes this.
  18. domotime2

I've never stopped watching a show before but God damn homeland....

I'll probably keep going but it's one of those shows where I don't care what happens to any character anymore and that's bad. It's not a sci fi show with a..."I'm waiting for answers" and at this point I don't care about the characters.

It would be better if they went to American horror story approach... every season is a new story under the same umbrella

19. Premiere was whatever. At this point I'm just watching because I've already watched 6 seasons.

I don't get that at all. That character is played over-the-top and is insane. I think it's clear that he's an antagonist.

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I got that last season but now that President Keane is the de facto antagonist and he is directly opposed to her, it feels like we’re suppose to be rooting for him. Also the tone his scenes were handled with in the premiere felt more like comic relief than anything

21. I can see that perspective, but I still felt like he's a bad guy. He and Keane are at opposite ends of the spectrum, but they're both radical and dangerous. Pretty sure the show wants us to root for Carrie and Saul.

22. The only person I'm rooting for is Max.

stayillogical likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Showtime

24. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

My sister and I literally yell MAX every time he comes on screen.

25. I'm always scared they're gonna kill him off.