Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Homeland (Showtime) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 26, 2016.

1. RonandTammy

Regular

I keep hearing this about Quinn, wtf is going on?

In the season preview before the first episode aired, you see him doing action type things. So what's the deal?

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Quinn is a drunk crack head

3. RonandTammy

Regular

Oh, alright then.

Not sure what it is with this show to have main characters have drug issues. Carrie's maniacal episodes are some of the worst of the series.

Fuck I miss Brody. I don't think they'll ever top what happened at the end of season 3. You knew it was coming, but the fact it actually played out was shocking.

4. I still don't understand the hate Season 3 gets.

5. RonandTammy

Regular

I enjoyed it.

Why Bother? likes this.
  6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 3 is absolutely nonsensical

domotime2 likes this.
  7. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

it's great and the last good season of the show

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Sooo I shouldn't bother watching this premiere?

9. imthegrimace

Ugh this is bad. I need to just drop this but I keep watching.

10. imthegrimace

Like why even keep Quinn around? This show is so frustrating.

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

okay finally caught up for season 6. this show is what it is. I'm not jacked for it, i'm not on the edge of my seat for sunday or whatever, but ill watch it when its on and say 'yeah okay fine'. It's not terrible, although season 6 is starting off excruciatingly slow. Im holding out that they're doing a slow build, but then again there's a certain thing called 'season 3' that existed where we were proven wrong about "the show is going to get better as the season goes on".

2 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 3

Maybe 1 and 2 can swtich, but i feel like that's a pretty typical consensus. One and two knew what they were doing and 4 was the most action packed. Five had a ton of potential but it was just way too all over the place and three was a sick joke.

12. RonandTammy

Regular

I really, really dug season 1. But I'll say that both 1 and 2 were by far the best two consecutive seasons I've ever watched.

I liked the mystery around 1, then it kind of faded with season 2 before completely stopping by the end.

Season 3, though, I still enjoyed. But I think I liked it mostly because it was the conclusion to that arc, and probably should have been the conclusion to the series. I didn't think they'd actually hang Brody, by the way.

13. domotime2

season 3 was just so much nonsense bullshit. we wasted so many episodes in venezuela.

Season 4 was a great pick-up. It was pretty much a restart.

14. RonandTammy

Regular

Was season 4 the one where Carrie sleeps with that young middle-eastern dude? If so, I saw that season but completely forgot most of it. Quinn would pick up hits from a mailbox, right?

I didn't see 5 at all, or 6.

15. domotime2

yeah the entire season took place in the actual middle east....and the season ended with a pretty large 'good guy massacre', which i always enjoy.

16. RonandTammy

Regular

Dar Adal (sp?) was seen in a car with the "bad guy" at the end of the season, right? I remember thinking holy shit! Then nothing really came of it in season 5.

17. domotime2

haha yes. every season I end with "okay so Dar is the bad guy in all this"...and then every season starts with Dar being okay? I'd love to see someone show me his timeline througout all this.

18. RonandTammy

Regular

I'm still on board with Saul being bad.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Season three assured me that this is a show I will never watch again. Lol

20. RonandTammy

Regular

I just remember thinking that the first season was controversial as fuck when it came out.

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Took four episodes, but something interesting finally happened. Guess I'll stick around for the rest of the season, despite my better judgment

22. Ya ep4 kicked this season into gear. The wheels are spinning, and now I'm interested.

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I could've sworn I read an article where the Homeland writers promised they weren't going to do a stereotypical attack on New York City this season.

24. kbeef2 Feb 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2017)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

What in the ever living fuck is this Quinn storyline

I don't know why the first four episodes were slow-paced, realistic Homeland if they were gonna bust this shit out in episode 5

25. domotime2

I'm slowly but surely getting pretty into this