Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Homecoming (Amazon) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 20, 2018.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Neither Julia Roberts or Sam Esmail are coming back for season 2 so, like...why even bother?

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Um wow?

Joe likes this.
  3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I lost all interest when it was announced
    Roberts wasn’t coming back and Sam was just backing out to EP, but Janelle being cast definitely pulls me back in.

I’m glad they are going with a loosely connected story as opposed to a straight up sequel.

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Still never watched past the first episode. Loved the podcast though.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

casting fucking rules, love the first season

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. Looks interesting, but no Sam Esmail for this season tempers my expectations.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Season 2 reviews, no spoilers that I can see on the summary page:

Homecoming

Doesn't sound good unfortunately

9. I finished season two today. It’s not bad, but it’s really not remarkable either. Janelle Monae and Stephan James are great, but this season really struggles with tone. At times it goes for lighthearted subversion of the conspiratorial tension from season one (a lot of Chris Cooper’s scenes), and that just totally fell flat for me, especially without Sam Esmail’s directorial flair and obvious love of the conspiracy thriller genre.

RyanPm40 and Brent like this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Surprised it's not getting great reviews. I finished the first 3 episodes and so far I'm liking it much more than the first season.

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ok just finished the season, I take back calling it "great," but it was still entertaining. I guess my main issue is that you pretty much figure out what's happening halfway through the season, but they still treat the rest of the season as if you're supposed to be surprised. I have more gripes but I get the sense that no one else in the thread has finished it, so I'll keep it spoiler free.

12. Finished S2 last night. It lacks the luster and intrigue of S1, but it's still worth a watch if you liked the first season.