Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Holy Fawn Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Dog with a Blog

This seems like a band you’d wanna see live

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

It reminds me of NMG by Foxing when it came out and a band called The Flats released their new album Nobody People on the same day. Glad people are getting behind this one on Chorus.

Night_Sky likes this.
  3. Night_Sky

Regular

Pretty sure you rec'd them to me, listened to a couple of tracks on that and I was fairly impressed. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah it's a good one and def got overshadowed because it came out on the same day as NMG.

Night_Sky likes this.
  5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I made my wife put in headphones last night and listen to the opening track. I wish I would’ve filmed her reaction haha. She was acting goofy and bobbing her head around to the ambience in the intro, and then when that first distortion hit she jumped and her jaw drop as she just froze and said “WOW” haha

6. Night_Sky

Regular

The new Delta Sleep album came out that day too, that and Foxing were two of my most anticipated records of the year. I'm still unpacking those albums, so it doesn't surprise me that I forgot about The Flats album.

7. Night_Sky

Regular

This year has been such a brilliant year for rock albums in our scene, at this rate my Top 10 AOTY's are going lack diversity compared to the past couple of years.

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Can't wait to check out the new Dirty Nil record. That came out today too!

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I've got that Delta Sleep record added but haven't listened to it yet. Been meaning to get around to it so thx for reminding me. I didn't realize it came out on the same day as those other ones.

10. Night_Sky

Regular

Let me know how it is, I like a couple of tracks on the last album but wasn't into the album as a whole. 'Zombie Eyed' is a certified banger though!

11. Night_Sky

Regular

As for the Delta Sleep record, it's certainly one of those albums that you have to spend a lot of time with but it's worth it once it clicks!

12. Dog with a Blog

This is like a heavy Sigur Ros

13. Dog with a Blog

Damn @Night_Sky , Vespertine might be my favorite on here so far haha. Definitely top 3

Night_Sky likes this.
  14. Night_Sky

Regular

Top 3 as of now (no order): 'Dark Stone', 'Take Me With You' and 'Sleep Tongue'

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  15. Have seen them many times and confirm they are incredible live. The recordings of these and their old songs do not do it justice at all

Also Ryan is easily the biggest Sigur Ros fan I know so you’re spot on with that observation haha

16. Dog with a Blog

Nice man. I hope they make their way over to SoCal

Night_Sky and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Night_Sky

Regular

18. Dog with a Blog

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Are they O'Brother fans too?

20. This I’m not sure of, but obviously would not be surprised in the slightest hahaha

21. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This album kind of reminds me of The Felix Culpas “Sever Your Roots” in the sense that it is so dense you almost can’t properly unpack it in the first couple listens. But luckily there are tons of things drawing me back to it so it’ll only get better and better the more I get to know it

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the Vibe/style atmosphere.. just wish the vocals were mixed louder. Hard to make anything out

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

A lot of the time on atmospheric albums that is done purposely. Look at a lot of Isis’s discography.

Larry David likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe so, but it’s not a preference I prefer

25. Dog with a Blog

Vespertine might be the most beautiful song I’ve heard all year