Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Holmes And Watson (Etan Cohen, December 21, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. simonthebutler

Regular

Lapkus was the reason we went to see it and she was criminally underused, as were pretty much all the other supporting cast.

2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Didnt she shoot this like 2+ years ago? also, there were test screenings for this like ALL YEAR LONG in LA. both those things point to a movie thats going to be very very bad.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

She was the reason I went too. I knew this wasn't gonna be great, but I have AMC A-List so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm glad you found something redeemable about the movie, but I aside from seeing Lapkus make a goofy face or two, I'd have rather watched paint dry.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

According to Deadline, the test scores were so bad that Sony tried to sell it to Netflix and Netflix turned them down

RyanPm40, Henry, kyle and 3 others like this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Hahaha

RyanPm40 and AWasteOfATime like this.
  6. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, she talked about having filmed it in London on the Jimmy johns episode of doughboys which was released April 2017

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

The reviews have been so bad that I need to see it to see how much of trainwreck it really is.
    Although The House and Daddy's Home 2 also got awful reviews but I found both to be pretty funny.

Brent likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea I still like The House

9. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

No surprise this is getting pounded critically considering it looks awful from the trailer, I just hope it bombs at the box office as I hate it when awful films are rewarded.

10. Saw this today with MoviePass. It was dumb. There were a couple parts I was laughing pretty hard at, but mostly it was just a dumb fun little movie. You know what you’re going into if you go see it, and if that’s enough for you, you’ll enjoy it enough, I think.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

12. When movies are this bad, who is to blame? Director? Writers? Producers? Actors? Serious question, btw.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just depends. With Etan Cohen's track record, this one probably started with a bad script and then continued to have mediocre direction

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was excruciating. My completely full theater was near silent for most of the movie.

riotspray and Rowan5215 like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That mental image is funnier than anything associated with this movie it sounds like.

Also I hate that this supporting cast was wasted on this movie. Seriously, Ralph Fiennes and Kelly Macdonald and Hugh Laurie and Pam Ferris and Rob Brydon and Lauren Lapkus are all in a movie together and it’s THIS??

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. It's hard to imagine for me how this could be bad. I loved Step Brothers. Love Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly together.

How bad does it have to be that them two just being ridiculous isn't enjoyable?

As I type I remember how unfunny Anchorman 2 was for me though and you would think that was impossible too.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I HATED Anchorman 2 when I first saw it, but I got warmed up a lot to the unrated cut on the Blu-ray.

kyle likes this.
  18. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah wow this was astoundingly bad. Macdonald was having fun with it at least, everyone else was there for a paycheck. kind of breathtaking miss of a movie

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

My entirely sold out theater was completely silent the entire time too. Literally one guy chuckled softly at some really dumb joke early on, but about 40 minutes in, even that guy and his wife walked out.

Brent likes this.
  20. Kuri44

I like Daddy's Home 2. Saw that one before the original, and found the sequel to be a lot more enjoyable.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. I will say... the part where young Sherlock sucks his tear back up had me dying.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Is this worse than anchorman 2?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This makes Anchorman 2 look like Step Brothers

riotspray, RyanPm40 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yikes haha

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This and the Welcome to Marwen thread have provided me with some enjoyment over the last week haha

AWasteOfATime likes this.