Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Holmes And Watson (Etan Cohen, December 21, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The Step Brothers are reunited – this time playing the world’s greatest consulting detective and his loyal biographer – as Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly star as Holmes & Watson.

cast: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Ralph Fiennes, Hugh Laurie, Rebecca Hall, Kelly Macdonald, Lauren Lapkus, Rob Brydon, Pam Ferris

[​IMG]
    trailer coming soon

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh my god that cast.

3. Yes!!!!

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ehhhhhh

6. Unless I hear some good word of mouth, I'll probably skip this. Looks like typical Will Ferrell, and I roll my eyes at his movies more often than not. I do like this supporting cast, though.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That’s one of the worst-looking explosions I’ve ever seen. And it’s not very promising that the big centerpiece of the trailer is a selfie joke.

Serh and jkauf like this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’ll gladly see Hugh Laurie in anything but the trailer definitely brought my excitement down.

9. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

BRAUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And Ralph and Kelly and Rob and Pam!! Honestly I just want the supporting case to be the entire movie.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this looks painfully unfunny

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

It’s a bummer because step brothers is such a classic, figured another John c and Ferrell pairing would be immune to the shitshow that Farrell movies are nowadays but it looks like I was wrong.

Even when set up with an ok premise and a good supporting cast he has managed to turn everything into shit lately :/

13. I’ll hold out hope.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This supposedly comes out tomorrow and hasn't been screening for critics. That's a worse sign than anything in that trailer

15. I’ll see it. I’ll laugh. I’ll leave the theater. I’ll forget all about it.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I mean, totally unsurprising

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Interested in reading peoples’ thoughts on this. Stepbrothers is my favorite comedy and the trailer for this unfortunately looks terrible.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I feel like there has been no press for this. Either way doesn’t look tempting.

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I like to think Ferrell and Reilly took the job mistaking Etan Coen for Ethan Coen.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Heard Bill Murray did a similar thing w/ the Garfield movie

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Currently at 0% haha

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Reminds me of when Ferrell did “Semi Pro” and it was immediately apparent that even though it had the premise of an Adam McKay comedy, it was not an Adam McKay comedy.

himynameisiain likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

OotyPa and JRGComedy like this.
  24. simonthebutler

Regular

This started and I thought it was going to be really bad but it was ok by the end. Some of the jokes are really played out and predictable but overall there were enough chuckles to make it an ok film but not one that I will watch again. It also sets up a sequel which seems very ambitious.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I disagree. This was garbage.

Lapkus deserves better.