Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollywood Handbook Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AWasteOfATime, Aug 13, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Kind of new to these forums, but noticed there wasn't one for my favorite podcast, Hollywood Handbook, and I thought that The Boys deserved their own thread.

Hollywood Handbook is an insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call show. What Up, What Up!

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

What up, what up!

The Doughboys thread has been thriving for well over a year so I don’t see why we can’t have a thread for The Boys. We can finally stop annoying all the people in the comedy thread who haven’t given the show the requisite 15-20 episodes it takes to “get it”.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I remember the way I got into the show (or got hooked) was when the boys were on Comedy Bang Bang and did this bit (which has a clip of a Saves The Day song, my favorite band!)

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Tim Baltz is a perfect guest for this show. Kinda bummed Sean wasn't there too for his episode though.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm 2 years behind but listened to the Comic Con episode and holy shit

6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Comic con ep is maybe the best hour and a half of podcasting I've ever heard in my life. Truly their triumph.

Today's episode was great, the seeso drags were tremendous.

7. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Here for it

Already listened to today’s pro version and it’s so good. I love Chef Kevin and Sam

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

nice avi my guy

anyone going to any of the live shows coming up?

9. chris

Trusted Supporter

listened to the first ep a while back and didn't really get it. I've since heard all their doughboys appearances so I think I may be able to appreciate this show now

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

ok this came up quicker than expected but here we go: basically to get into the show if you're a normal person you have to listen to like 5-15 episodes before you get it/it gets funny but trust me once you cross over it becomes the best comedy podcast on the market.

chris and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Wow today’s pro version is almost the length of a regular episode. Truly we are blessed.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I must have missed it in last weeks PV, but more episodes of Hollywood Mastermclampstd !!

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the level of shade in the ad for Raised By TV jesus fucking christ

14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Lol holy shit Lauren is crashing this ad to confront the boys.

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

madder then an albino hitchhiking in a snowstorm

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  16. kbeef2 Aug 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2018)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

So there’s apparently a podcast called Who Are These Podcasts that just makes fun of other podcasts they don’t listen to and their most recent episode is about HH. It’s kind of hilarious to listen to how badly these old school radio types don’t get the show.

But also, what an infuriating premise for a podcast. Like, who the fuck do you think you are? You just want to be publicly shitty for an hour each week? The hosts just come off as jerks.

...at least they’re punching up, I guess?

17. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I very much want to hate-listen to this

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

19. AWasteOfATime Aug 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2018)
    AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

omg, if the boys find out about this...

,,,in fact I hope they do, they could probably make a GREAT ep out of them roasting those guys trying to roast them

also the live show last night was very fun. Lennon Parham was the guest, and the whole ep is about Chef Kevin's birthday

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  20. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

There was a whole discussion on the Handbook heads Facebook group that they were leaning on Kevin as a crutch in recent episodes, which is stupid imo. The current era of HH is just next level for me. I can’t believe I’ve been looking forward to Tuesday’s for 4 years now

kbeef2 and AWasteOfATime like this.
  21. Well those dorks must have loved this week's Pro Version (which was great btw)

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's kind of ironic to be mad at that podcast when a decent chunk of HH (and the best part, imo) is making fun of other podcasts.

I'm not judging, I HIGHLY doubt they do it with the level of genius that the Boys do but it is kind of funny

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Kevin is kind of the perfect straight man for the two of them, I love their dynamic. Also during the show, the way they look at him I can tell that they really love him which kind of warms my heart.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

HH has been on a crazy streak since like over a year ago. I can’t remember the last episode that wasn’t great. Mike Lawrence maybe?

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man I cant wait to not be like 4 years behind!