Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I’m pretty sure you have to go there and then it gets really open ended after Fungal Wastes, apologies if I’m wrong. Just hunt for maps and search every dead end basically haha

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

took a break from getting fucked up by nightmare king grimm to get fucked up by the trial of fools, so that's fun

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

what stage of fools? I can't do the last one, truly felt like a wizard going through the second one.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. yung_ting Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2019)
    yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Trial of the Fool is the third one! I, like you, have done the first two and will likely never manage the third lol

sean_rugy likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

yuuuuup, I’m a dummy haha. I gave it a couple tries while laughing at how crazy it is and walked away. no shot I could get it now.

6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

not dumb at all haha. I watched a video of it and immediately said nope. I’m fine with things being out of my skill level

7. Yeah trial of fools is absolutely bonkers. It does a real good job of making you think you’re doing really well because it stays relatively doable for so long, but it just keeeeeps gooooing. I consistently lose at around 65% I think.

sean_rugy likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

oh boy I haven't even looked up a video. I probably should...

edit: IT'S 12 MINUTES!

9. chris

Trusted Supporter

This, I do pretty decently up until about 2/3 of the way through where the room gets narrower and you have to fight enemies while wall jumping to avoid falling on spikes. Everything pretty much falls apart there.

I looked up a video to see how close I was to completing it and there are sections after that point that look way easier, which is especially frustrating

10. LOL same, that’s the part I always lose at too. I’ve only made it past once, and when I died I looked up the waves on the Hollow Knight wiki to see if I was at least even close... suffice it to say, I haven’t been back since

chris likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i can't even do the SECOND fuckin trial!! my reaction time is NOT up to that

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

BEAT NIGHTMARE KING GRIMM

Henry, yung_ting and sean_rugy like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The difficulty spike from Greenpath to Fungal Wastes is stupid

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Watched a video of trial of the fools.

WTF

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

beat it today with 51% complete at 27:43:52. taking a break for now but can’t wait to get into postgame stuff and to backtrack through and find all the stuff i couldn’t get to before.

sean_rugy likes this.
  16. chris

Trusted Supporter

Beat trial of fools on Friday. Working through these Godhome pantheons and of course they're tough as hell

sean_rugy and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. sean_rugy

art book?

Shrek likes this.
  18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

You have my attention.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

There was a charm I picked up in Fungal Wastes, and I died right as I picked it up. I swear I can’t pick it up anymore, and I lost it....

It’s not where it was

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Unless it was a hollownest seal??

21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I thought charms were permanent once you picked them up.

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i told myself i would play another game before returning to this to do postgame stuff but i cannot resist the pull

23. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

charms ARE permanent. it was probably a hallownest seal.
    also, @Cameron do you have Spore Shroom? might've been that if it was a charm, i know that one is in Fungal Wastes

24. sean_rugy

it’s probably better to do it now while the reflexes are still there. at least that’s how I felt about it.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It was a hollownest seal, thanks!

This game is so rewarding/aggravating when you succeed or fail. I lost 350 geo last night :tear: