Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So happy I decided to jump back into this last night, I was worried I would be rusty or be lost from not playing for a few months but I got right back into the infuriating flow that is this game. Took about 3 hours to get through a Watcher Knight and a Hornet battle but I enjoyed every damn second of it. Excited to go home today and get pissed off all night.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

just watched the new trailer again, i am SO damn excited for Silksong. Hornet's movement abilities are so smoooooth!

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just entered Deepnest and I feel like I have read it has some really hard platforming parts to it

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this is v interesting because i had Deepnest almost completely cleared before the second Hornet fight. it’s awesome we can be at such a similar spot in the game but we got there in such different ways

oldjersey likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay so if you got through it I will be okay :eh::eh::eh::eh:

6. Shrek

i didn’t think it was bad at all tbh. although there’s one non-boss enemy i can’t kill any other way than just running in and slashing until it almost kills me, heal, repeat lol

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Those giant works just irk me big time.

Got a seventh mask though, stoked on that.

8. Shrek

yeah, the Stalking Devout? those are what i was talking about

9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

that thing is the worst, it took me a while to realize I had to do a charged slash right at its face and then run back real quick, 2/3 of those and it's down

10. Shrek

haha that’s a much better strategy than mine. i literally would just run in and slash til it got me down to one health, then dash out, heal, run back in and finish it off. i only fought the ones that there were no way around, of which i think there were only two or three

yung_ting likes this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I fell into Deepnest very early and it took me a looooong time to climb out of that hell. loved it.

Shrek likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I didn't know the game was that non-linear! I'm like 17 hours in!

Shrek likes this.
  13. The little path to Nosk is so fucking creepy. The fight itself was kind of a joke but I loved how they presented it.

sean_rugy and AndrewSoup like this.
  14. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah that was really well done. it extremely creeped me the fuck out.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just did Nosk last night, easy!?!?!?! Idk about that y'all.

I did get my 3rd nail upgrade after that fight, feeling invincible rn.

I got all three of those mask things to fall off the door, am I near endgame?

(I clearly do not know anything about the story lmao)

16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

so I think there was a patch that made Nosk more difficult because I struggled it too, but I found a way to kind of cheese it.

edit: yup, they upped Nosk's difficulty in the Hidden Dreams update a while ago

oldjersey and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yes, very

18. Ah, this makes sense. Nosk was one of the only bosses in the game I beat on the first try, admittedly I sorta cheesed it but I still hold that against the fight difficulty haha

This reminds me I need to go play through the Godhome some more. Totally forgot about that. I don’t think I’ve beat any of the second tiered bosses in there yet

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hid in the corner too, lmao.

Still made it pretty hard tho

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Where do I progress after I clear Green Path, and find Lake Unn?

21. Shrek

i beat Nosk on my first try by hugging the platform but i didn’t consider it cheesing tbh but i guess it kinda is lol

trevorshmevor and sean_rugy like this.
  22. chris

Trusted Supporter

That's how I beat Nosk pretty quickly my first playthrough but this run he kicked my ass for a while

23. trevorshmevor Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2022)
    Hahaha yeah this is kinda what’s I mean. I feel like cheesing is often used as an exploitation of an attack, so Nosk didn’t feel like it because it was more an exploitation of defense/the enemy’s movement pattern. Made it feel less like I was being cheap and more just like a weak boss

24. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Head back to Crossroads and go down, pretty sure you can find Fungal Wastes or Fog Canyon underneath the really tall room

Cameron likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Awesome thanks